Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

get them to warranty it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get them to warranty it?

i got a 04 rs with 18000miles on it and i think the transfer case is going bad . im getting that whine sound in first and second but not third and up. i have alldata at work but unfortunatly there are no tsb's on it so i think getting mitsubishi to warranty it or even admit it is the tc is gonna be tough .
i dont have an extended warranty and im out by years (not mileage). but i do still have the powertrain ,and im positive a tc is gonna be covered under a powertrain warranty
has anybody been in this situation and how was it resolved?any advice when going in ?

no mods......
Old Apr 2, 2008, 03:08 PM

most of the time a dealership will do a single repair in 'good graces'. go to your dealer and ask to speak to the service manager and ask him. hopefully he'll give you a thumbs up.

advice be very persistant if he doesn't initially give you the go-ahead. and i know this sounds bad, but if he doesn't, throw a ****ing fit. normally they don't like scenes and will do it. lmao. i work at a ford dealership and thats normally how things go.

keep it updated.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 03:20 PM

true i work for an acura dealership. your talkin goodwill consideration, ill worry about that part when i get to it .
the hardest part i think will be :
-what to tell the service writer to lead them to a transfer case
- what to do if they think theres nothing wrong or its not the transfer case
i have no confidence in dealerships, i know first hand how uffed up they can be
gotta go in there with a game plan to lead them directly to the problem and have them not relate it to something else
Old Apr 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

Well, if there are no mods, and no signs of abuse (which sometimes can be open to interpretation), there isn't any reason it shouldn't be covered under warranty if there truly is an issue. That's what a warranty is for... defects in a man-made product.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 03:35 PM

ok ill just walk in tell them my transfer case is broken and they need to fix it and hope they will...dealerships dont like to fix things for free if they can find a way around it they will .. has anybody had there transfer case replaced/fixed at a mitsu dealership?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
The 1rst and 2nd gear whine is not your tcase its in the tranny. The tcase will whine in all gears and drone at speed.

Call shep or TRE they'll tell you the same
Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:40 PM

i had a situation with my tranny i broke a shift fork and the dealer didnt warenty it and i had full warenty on the car years and milage they will try and f u as much as they can they did me real good i endead paying for the hole thing and dont let them take it apat if they wont warenty it thats how they got me
Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

mine didnt, only cuz i had my stock clutch replaced with another STOCK ONE, they said it was already out of car so your f'ed
Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:06 PM

how could they possibly charge you for something thats CLEARLY 100% under warranty .something doesnt make sense.did they tell you they were gonna drop the tranny?did they charge you a diagnostic fee?and last but not least im guessing i shouldnt go to the track with this issue?