Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Raising Boost after Road Tune

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raising Boost after Road Tune

Guys, is it safe to raise boost up 2psi after a road tune? I had a Defi D gauge that showed I was at 20psi during road tune. Then I bought a Defi Red Racer gauge and now it only shows I am boosting 18psi. I believe the red racer gauge is reading correctly... Just want to have it set to 20psi again.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
You need to log it to make that determination. Id log it now see where your at and if it is not knocking then turn it up and log more . No way for us to tell which gauge is accurate.

But most bolt on IX's run 23-24 psi
Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

If you tuned it to the defi D guage reading 20psi and haven't changed anything then you are still boosting the same amount. If your new gauge reads 18psi then it is what it is. Don't turn up the boost because you thought it was tuned to 20psi and now see 18. Those are 2 different guages and will give 2 different boost readings. If you want to turn up the boost, do what gsrboi80 suggested and log to see if you are knocking. That is utimately what you are avoiding, regardless of what any boost gauge says.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys!!!