Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oil Pressure Gauge problem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Pressure Gauge problem

For whatever reason in the Evo the previous owner felt the need to go insane with stupid electronics, and left all the wires in it. I pulled about 200+ feet of wiring out of the car that wasn't attached to anything. There used to be subs, amp, and tvs in the car, and he just cut the wires off and called it a day. But also I have the three gauges mounted in the dash, the stock ones that look very clean. He also felt the need to put three more gauges on the a-pillar. For whatever reason he put another boost gauge and volt gauge (Yes I have 2 volt gauges and 2 boost gauges), and also a crappy OBX oil pressure gauge.

So here is the problem, the oil pressure gauges makes this wurring noise (its really annoying), so when I went to disconnect it along with the other crap (and an enourmous shift light) there is a copper tube that is located somewhere buried under the engine. And oil does flow through the tube (I disconnected the gauge and oil came out, make a nice stain on my mats, que the swearing and throwing stuff). I guess my question is is there a way to disconnect it without doing any major reconstruction. I do not know where it is connected to, I am afraid to look. All i know is to get to it, I would have to take the battery out, strut bar, and upper ic pipes.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks

Dan