Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Mistake or Not
Mistake all over again
47.59%
No mistake
33.45%
not sure
18.97%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Has Mitsubishi made the same mistake again

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WAIRONWORKER
funny thing is the new ralliart looks just like the X and has all the same options....... will probly be cheaper also.as far as sport sedans go id rather have a 335i or an m3. to me evolution will always be I-IX....... a pure no mistake race car. thats what i wanted thats what i bought. the potential of the all aluminum block.... thats yet to be seen, just dont overheat it. aluminum+heat=bad.
The pure Evolution ended with the VI, which was the last made by Ralliart. The CT9A platform (VII, VIII, IX) were hardly the race cars the V and VI were...

Hey, at least we didnt get stuck with a wagon-only Evo. Ask the Subaru guys their thoughts, haha.

For the record, the Ralliart does not have the fender flairs, wider track, or the advanced awd of the X. You can tell the difference easily in person.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

no way the X will be able to handle nearly as much power as the 8 or 9 with that aluminum engine. evos 1-9 were infamous with their iron block. *sigh*
Old Apr 5, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

^ thats a good point, but wait, how many evo iron block owners run 800+hp?
i dont think many, and at the moment the "weak" aluminium block seems to be hold 400hp fine with only minor mods ...
Old Apr 5, 2008, 01:56 PM

naw i think that mitsubishi made the x's with good intentions. its not everyones cup of tea but i have to say the seats are nicer than mine.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

I got slightly burned buying an '03.......I'm going to wait a couple of years to see what happens with the aftermarket and what problems pop up.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 02:17 PM
Account Disabled

Whatever.... So many hatters here. I have the 04 Evo and I love it to death, but the new Evo X f*** rules. I love it. It's beautiful, sexy, powerful, SAFFFFEEEEERRRRR. The new engine will be much better, i mean look at all the results so far. Aluminum engine is much better for turbo cars. They last long I don't know why everyone is so affraid. If you don't like it don't buy it. Go buy European piece of **** aluminum engine cars. You pay more for the name then anything else. I love the X and I am happy that Mitsubishi built a great car for us to modd. Mitsubishi Thanks for the safety also.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:35 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the X, but it's growing on me. I think maybe Mitsubishi should have continued the IX production and released the X as a different car, maybe. But they kinda pulled a "mustang" and went back on their style. The X looks way similar to the V, imo.

I've been interested in the Evo since like '95 when my cousin was stationed in Okinawa. He used to send video tapes of drift races, and car shows back home to his brother and he was all about the Evo III and the R32.
But anyway, i liked the way the car had changed by the time they made it to the US and up to the IX, i'm not typically fond of throwback back styles when it comes to cars so it's taking me awhile to warm up to the X.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ducker
Just sucks that the new EVO X motor is also in the DODGE caliber SRT.
And the 4G63 was in the Plymouth Laser. Who cares?
Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

EVO 9 body style is way sexier then the X they are gunna screw them selfs over
Old Apr 6, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Why buy an X if you can by the ralliart. They totally ruined everything.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WAIRONWORKER
as far as sport sedans go id rather have a 335i or an m3.
Evo X = $30k base (Just check the vendor section)
M3 = $60k base (did you not read about the guy who had to get legal help to purchase his M3 for $60k that he won on Ebay??)

You're comparing 2 cars in vastly different price brackets.

And for everyone else who is doubting the Evo X without hands on experience ...

These two quotes from first an experienced tuner and secondly from a pro level driver who drives the AMS time attack car FAR OUTWEIGH ANY OF YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE NEW EVOLUTION.

As for those who don't like its looks ... style is subjective ... 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
There is really no area of performance that doesn't have the IX beat handily. The X is more comfortable, more drivable, just as straight-line quick with similar mods, far quicker and more adjustable through any kind of corner, etc,. Really, this is an incredible car.
Originally Posted by chronohunter
While the X did gain some mass ( ) it puts it to good use by elevating the car to a true refined daily driver with a much better (stiffer) unibody( ). The better weight distribution, refined suspension and amazing AWD system make it more of an EVO than ever, this car is telepathic in it's responses and as mentioned has significantly greater depth of ability than any EVO before. The Engine is also a step forward with smoothness refinement and broad power and responds to tuning better than anyone expected (though when you realize how much better the engine breaths its not much of a surprise).

I look forward to seeing the X progress and hope they bring in the full zoot model with the adaptive headlights, active steering and adaptive dampers (plus SST of course), I will take mine in White

Its a no brainer guys, it's a better car, time to sell your 8-9 to the drag racers because there's a new sheriff in town if you like going around corners
bold added for emphasis by me
Old Apr 6, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSM GSR04
Why buy an X if you can by the ralliart. They totally ruined everything.
this has been thouroly(sp?) discussed numerous time and still continues in other threads, im not gonna go thru them all here again(u can search)
but the main comparison is, why do people buy STi when there is WRX, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
And the 4G63 was in the Plymouth Laser. Who cares?
Haha, exactly. I am sure that Dodge Caliber will really rule the circuit track
Old Apr 6, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kisada
Evo X = $30k base (Just check the vendor section)
M3 = $60k base (did you not read about the guy who had to get legal help to purchase his M3 for $60k that he won on Ebay??)

You're comparing 2 cars in vastly different price brackets.

And for everyone else who is doubting the Evo X without hands on experience ...

These two quotes from first an experienced tuner and secondly from a pro level driver who drives the AMS time attack car FAR OUTWEIGH ANY OF YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE NEW EVOLUTION.

As for those who don't like its looks ... style is subjective ... 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

bold added for emphasis by me
Shiv is obviously biased in his comments because he has a lot invested in how well the X sells to the aftermarket crowd. How can someone say it beats the evo IX in everyway when it clearly doesn't.

As far as the other quote, sounds like he is overhyping it a little.

Don't get me wrong, its def a step in the right direction for mitsu to make the X the way they did. I like the looks and it is responding well to mods. However, I don't see them flying off the lots
Old Apr 6, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

well ur always gonna ge kinda of biased answer from owners why because they own it, i like the X it looks hot and it looks like its gonna perform well. would i trade my Evo 9 MR for a X, no why ? its just not me, Shoot but if someone offerd to trade me a VI, hell yeah id take it. those are my prefernces. Mitsu is actually doing a good idea broading the board with more of a customer range and it still looks like its gonna kick @SS

Quick Reply: Has Mitsubishi made the same mistake again