Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Mistake or Not
Mistake all over again
47.59%
No mistake
33.45%
not sure
18.97%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Has Mitsubishi made the same mistake again

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The people who voted yes probably have a IX the preople who voted no probably have a X. The people undecided probably havent driven a X so they dont know.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:11 PM

Look I understand everyones opinions about the x, in that it is heaver, the price and that it doesn't deliver the feel of the previous generation. Many people don't look at these factors when buying the car. Most peolple that I see buying the car are new to the scene and buy the evo x because they figure since it is newer it will be better. I for one dont see it as being better and dont like the X as much because of the following reason. I believe that a succesor to a outgoing model of any car should be better in every catagory, no exceptions. Being able to match the evo x with a ix is not acceptable. The evo x should have all of the ix owner in awe waiting to trade in but slap on a cat back a intake and a tune and the X is like a camry you see in the street, "looks ok, downshift, bye bye". This should never happen in my belief, the evo X should be the ultimate evo and should have came with 350 hp. As it is right now why should you even buy the Evo X if you have one already.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by esdot24
The evo x should have all of the ix owner in awe waiting to trade in but slap on a cat back a intake and a tune and the X is like a camry you see in the street
I completely don't follow this logic. Match an EVO X with an ix with mods is easy, with all the mod potential out there for the previous EVOs there isn't a thing Mitsu could do to beat it. Even if they released it with 350hp a tuned ix would beat it. As far as stock for stock it hangs perfectly fine with the ix, takes better to mods, and corners harder and stops faster. It is a track car after all.

Last edited by love9sick; Apr 7, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:26 PM

Just trying to say that the evo x is nothing special as it is right now.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Just trying to say that the evo x is nothing special as it is right now.
What would make it more special? more straight way speed? I guess I don't get it.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:38 PM

The example i made was just a point of view reference, maybe it was a poor example to use for the impression i was trying to make. To clarify, just speed will not make the Evo X better than the current version. Also the Evo X beats ix on many different aspects but the thing is those margins are very small, and can be obtained by minor tweaking to the ix. I dont think this should be possible.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

The example i made was just a point of view reference, maybe it was a poor example to use for the impression i was trying to make. To clarify, just speed will not make the Evo X better than the current version. Also the Evo X beats ix on many different aspects but the thing is those margins are very small, and can be obtained by minor tweaking to the ix. I dont think this should be possible.
Why? With some minor tweaking on the 8 you can get the performance of the 9.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:07 PM

True but the 8 and 9 are on the same platform so that is to be expected. The X is a total redesign and should be more than just a step ahead. Why totally redesign a car just to have about the same performance.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:16 PM

Majority of the Evo X enthusiasts (I'm not saying that's you X fans on here) i've run into are excited about the twin clutch paddle shifting, because they don't know how to drive a real standard.

Paddle shifters!!!...that is what they are excited about!!!!..wtf!?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M5K15
Majority of the Evo X enthusiasts (I'm not saying that's you X fans on here) i've run into are excited about the twin clutch paddle shifting, because they don't know how to drive a real standard.

Paddle shifters!!!...that is what they are excited about!!!!..wtf!?
Yea that stuff puzzles me. I don't like to look at myself as a "X enthusiast" but rather an EVO enthusiast. Why segregate us?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by love9sick
Why segregate us?
You're like a Leper to me!!! You need to be in your own colony!!!!
lol.

Naw, i meant more like, those that prefer the X to the IX.
and those people i know that are excited about that crap are 2 of them driving automatic WRX's, and one an automatic RX8, pre 2006 when it was a 4spd auto.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 596736
Anyone that has been on evom for a while and has followed the progression of engine management would now that Vishnu has pretty much abandoned the xede for the VIII and IX for a long time now. It seemed he dedicated a lot of his time with the procede for BMW. Only until the release of the X and Shiv's development of the procede for the X has he made a presence back on the forums. Ask anyone that has dealt with vishnu in the past and they will say exactly that he has moved on past the evo world that is until the X was released. He is even quoted somewhere saying the dealing with BMW is a smarter move for him over evos.
Originally Posted by Martin@AMS
... Overall a big thumbs up for the handling of the EVO X, huge improvement over the VIII & IX.

Now the disappointing news... power and the lack of it. In stock form the car just felt sluggish...

...Having said that I think the EVO X and IX are very equal opponents on track with the EVO X hands down more fun to drive...

...I'm very impressed and excited, since it seems the EVO X has more potential as a track car compared to the IX...
So has AMS also moved past the previous Evos and are only concerned with selling Evo X parts like Shiv? Or do they praise the Evo X's abilities because it really is a capable sports car? As for the lack of power ... there are plenty of posts that already address the power potential in the X.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gixxer6
I think that mostly everyone who owns an VIII or a IX bought an evo because we wanted performance over comfort or sophistication. If I wanted A quick luxury car I'd buy an M3 or 335i not an evo.. period.
Agree
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
Agree
Good job on ignoring all the posts that prove the statement you just agreed with as being flawed. Ignorance is bliss.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bottomline is people just wont buy the Evo X until Fast and furious put the evo X in their next movie

Quick Reply: Has Mitsubishi made the same mistake again