Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Mistake or Not
Mistake all over again
47.59%
No mistake
33.45%
not sure
18.97%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Has Mitsubishi made the same mistake again

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by importjake00
You nailed it right on. Without it being a 4g63, and a new body style( a horrifying one at that) it just isnt an evo (in looks). It still performs, thats for sure.
not when a stock ix pulls like a train on it..seen it with my own eyes..oh and the ix had 2 people..
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kisada
Good job on ignoring all the posts that prove the statement you just agreed with as being flawed. Ignorance is bliss.
no...not ignorance at all........ I see thread like this all the time.
I wont buy another evo and the IX is my last evo. Tell you the truth all evo are all the same with just a different body style and few hundred more pounds

BTW My next ride will actually be a true luxury car, perhapes a Lexus or BMW.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by max2evoix
not when a stock ix pulls like a train on it..seen it with my own eyes..oh and the ix had 2 people..
Oh so all the car reviewers that state otherwise must be wrong. Hmmm ... thanks for bringing up your 'facts' about the two cars ... you've convinced me to buy an Evo IX instead
Old Apr 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
Bottomline is people just wont buy the Evo X until Fast and furious put the evo X in their next movie
lol
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
Bottomline is people just wont buy the Evo X until Fast and furious put the evo X in their next movie
Just because you bought your Evo after watching Paul Walker in the previous movies ...
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Just because you bought your Evo after watching Paul Walker in the previous movies ...
no.... I bought my IX becasue the the VIII and IX can drift in stock form and X cant

btw I'm just being sarcastic
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

I remember the first Evo 8's sitting on lots a long time too.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TearItUpSports
I remember the first Evo 8's sitting on lots a long time too.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!11!1ONE
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

My brothers neighbor traded in his IXSE for a X. He didnt have it too long and was new to Evo's in general. According to him, the looks and comfort are a plus but it doesn't have that the same fun factor or speed . He seriously regrets buying in to the hype and getting rid of his first Evo. I personally haven't driven the X but from all that I read, its not a mistake like the Eclipse. Its still an Evo.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not saying that the new X is a mistake . The fact that I'm trying to say "If it's not broke don't fix it" When the Eclipse lost the 4g it lost it's following to become a more friendly car.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dustin03
I'm not saying that the new X is a mistake . The fact that I'm trying to say "If it's not broke don't fix it" When the Eclipse lost the 4g it lost it's following to become a more friendly car.
I see the point you are trying to make ... but the Eclipse lose more than just the 4g. It lose the AWD option and any 4cyl turbo option.

On the other hand with the Evo X ... while it did lose the almighty 4g it replaced it with another 4cyl turbo engine that so far has been reacting very favorably to upgrades. It also received the S-AWC goodies that the JDM Evos have been getting and that we have been missing out on which is getting tons of praise from reviewers.

If the Evo X had gone 6cyl and FWD only ... I wouldn't even consider it as a viable option for purchase.

So while I see the point you are trying to make ... I hope you can see the point that there is a significant difference in what happened with the Eclipses and the Evos.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

This is going to go on forever and ever and ever.....*Yawn*
Old Apr 8, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Protostar1
You buy an Evo for a raw, violent ride that takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. The X is not such a car. It is not a mistake, but a car undeserving of the Evo name...
+1 Here. I looked at the X pretty thoroughly, its just not geared toward the same market at the 1-9. Its more of a general appeal type of Evo as opposed to the wickedness that I bought my VIII for
Old Apr 8, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Its just like with the Domestic crowd when GM replaced the LT1 wit the LS1.

Im almost positive people will look back and laugh at this, I mean does anyone realize how old the 4G63 design really was?

Once again, the 4B11 might not be able to hold 900+ hp, but how many people are actualy doing that, and for how long on a 4G63? There isnt many that are over 600 hp.

What a bunch of whiny old women...
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

So has AMS also moved past the previous Evos and are only concerned with selling Evo X parts like Shiv? Or do they praise the Evo X's abilities because it really is a capable sports car? As for the lack of power ... there are plenty of posts that already address the power potential in the X.
Wow bro you are really getting annoying. Here I'll dumb it down for you. Shiv made xede. Shiv abandoned it for BMW. Left a lot of evo owners in the dark. The X comes out and shiv makes the PROcede. All of a sudden hes back on evom after a long absence praising the X like its gods gift to cars. I wonder why If you are to blind to see the monetary intentions behind his comments then thats just sad.

Quick Reply: Has Mitsubishi made the same mistake again