Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Someone has stolen Acd pump from my car

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
Holy crap, Mabye a Honda owner thought it was a BOV?

Thats insane man, of all the things to steal... I bet there is a thread SOMEWHERE on some site about "need ACD..." in the last few days/weeks. I would start searching around.
Yes im sure somebody needed parts fast. I think who ever stole my parts had an evo that was after accident as they cut of the pigtail as well. One of the small black plugs. It has the yellow and the black wire going to it. Plus they took of that long looking valve, or sensor that is bolted to the ACD pump. i think with a hex bolt. Mitsu does not sell parts seperate for the Acd pump.

Luckly i have purchased the parts that i needed from a member on this forum that had some extra parts. So i should be good to go by the end of next week.

Thanks Guys
Old Apr 5, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Check every body shop in your area for an Evo with front end damage. Then find out which one had the owner bring in the parts to repair...
Old Apr 5, 2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Check every body shop in your area for an Evo with front end damage. Then find out which one had the owner bring in the parts to repair...
Thanks Man, that acually a good idea. I will take a cruise around my town tomorrow to see if there are any f*** evos around my house.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewsmr
Yes im sure somebody needed parts fast. I think who ever stole my parts had an evo that was after accident as they cut of the pigtail as well. One of the small black plugs. It has the yellow and the black wire going to it. Plus they took of that long looking valve, or sensor that is bolted to the ACD pump. i think with a hex bolt. Mitsu does not sell parts seperate for the Acd pump.

Luckly i have purchased the parts that i needed from a member on this forum that had some extra parts. So i should be good to go by the end of next week.

Thanks Guys
I did some research today about getting an alarm system for my car to keep theves away. I came across ASIANWOLF8100RSX 2 WAY LCD PAGER REMOTE START CAR ALARM with proximity radar, glass sensor and camera.

I wonder if any body here is using one of these? From what i read about it sounds like this is what i need for my evo.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang....that blows!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by alan678
Dang....that blows!
Yes it does, i thought about why did Mitsu made that pump accesible from the outside of the car. I mean that mesh can be bent and pushed to gain access to ACD pump. Plus the hex bolt is right there to unscrew. Well after i install the replacement part that i have i am going to grind down the bolt so there is no way of unscrewing it again. Keep the thewes away!!!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

i vote that guy has an evo friend or has one himself
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by red evo8
i vote that guy has an evo friend or has one himself
I was thinking about who it might have been. Non of my friends or people that i know have Evo. Ive seen some kid with same evo driving around my house, so i am sure my car got spotted. Its obvious that the theve knew what they were stealing as the new Acd pumps at the dealer are for $2000.00 not to mewntion that the harness is another $700.00 So its a pretty expensive part. He knew what he was stealing, propably has a wrecked Evo that needed the pump and the one of the plugs for the sensor, so he figiured my car has all the parts that he needed.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would freak out.....seriously i would search every where and even the accident report in your area paper. This part is $2000 and that easy to get i might have to go out and find myself an evo, J/K!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by godmiller10
i would freak out.....seriously i would search every where and even the accident report in your area paper. This part is $2000 and that easy to get i might have to go out and find myself an evo, J/K!
Well a suggestion to all forum member here!

Some how get that bolt not accessible from the outside. Maybe put some epoxy over the bolt or JB weld so they can put a socket on it. That way they cannot take it off.

I learned my lesson now and after i get it fixed there is no way anybody will be able to take this sucker off.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:32 PM

damm bro that sux. hope u find the ****.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:38 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll put a small sticker that says don't steal it, it is glued!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How did you notice it missing? I wouldn't have noticed it for days, but I also walk up on the back of my car usually. Wow.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

check your craig list posting in your areas and also put up a wtb evo parts on your craig list in your area asap post something like wrecked evo need spare parts any parts.

other than that man it should be garaged if at all possible i mean its like leaving money just sitting outside
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Did you call the cops? Did you touch the surrounding area? If not, call the police and file a report. Have them dust the area for prints. Sometimes you might get lucky and the perp has priors.

Quick Reply: Someone has stolen Acd pump from my car