Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Someone has stolen Acd pump from my car

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he says its an 05 pump, but maybe its yours and he is trying to pass it off as an 05 pump.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&highlight=acd
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a bastard! What did your insurance say?

http://www.mitsubishi-parts-wholesale.com/
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
he says its an 05 pump, but maybe its yours and he is trying to pass it off as an 05 pump.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&highlight=acd
too much speculation, this guy is in NJ anyways. Kind of far to take a drive to IL to steal parts. yeah i know he could post that he is from NJ and isnt but I doubt that is the case with this guy.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sewsmr
I was thinking about who it might have been. Non of my friends or people that i know have Evo. Ive seen some kid with same evo driving around my house, so i am sure my car got spotted. Its obvious that the theve knew what they were stealing as the new Acd pumps at the dealer are for $2000.00 not to mewntion that the harness is another $700.00 So its a pretty expensive part. He knew what he was stealing, propably has a wrecked Evo that needed the pump and the one of the plugs for the sensor, so he figiured my car has all the parts that he needed.
If you saw someone driving around looking all shady checking out your car then it most likely is that person.

I just recently moved to a nicer area away from a community of people and into a single family home. When I was living in the community I constantly saw people walking around out side my car that dont live there and I would go out side and walk straight up to them and tell them to leave and that i know that they dont live there and that i know what they were thinking they were going to do.

Every time I did this they turned white as a ghost and didnt say to much and jumped in their car and sped off. I probably saved her from vandalisim or worse theft a couple of times. Now she sleeps nice and safe in my garage.

I never park my car out of ear shot so that I know she is safe and secure. I recommend you do the same thing too. BTW sucks that happened to you. I am doing a fmic install this weekend (i hope if the part comes) and was thinking of sparying all of the sesnors and anything not already black, with flat black. Not only for looks but now to hid that it has acd in it and prevent theft.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

An ACD pump is $2,000!?!?!?!?!

OMFG. I'm gonna weld my sh*t shut.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck finding that guy. There are so many damn EVOs running around Chicago and the suburbs, you are going to have your hands full. It sucks, but what can ya do? Better get an alarm, or park in a garage or something. Sorry to hear about it, though.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

That sucks so bad its almost funny
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

HAHA WOW that is sooooo an inside job....no run of the mill car thieves would just steal sensors

It's someone with an Evo,

or someone that works for an Evo shop
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
An ACD pump is $2,000!?!?!?!?!

OMFG. I'm gonna weld my sh*t shut.
No wonder the jerkoff stole yours. Thats alot of money??!!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I was gonna say... The reason they stole your acd pump is that they are impossible to get.. i remember a post a while back where it had to be imported from japan and was way over 1k!!!

Im gonna go and install a sensor from my viper alarm on my acd pump tonight lol.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:23 PM

damn...people these days are ghetto. good luck on repairs!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:50 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got a pager alarm, no body is stealing my stuff. But, i think I will look into striping those bolts or doing something with the fram to make it impossible to steal.

Originally Posted by felickz
I was gonna say... The reason they stole your acd pump is that they are impossible to get.. i remember a post a while back where it had to be imported from japan and was way over 1k!!!

Im gonna go and install a sensor from my viper alarm on my acd pump tonight lol.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate people that do that stuff..

makes me angry

cb
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:33 PM

Ok guys thanks for all replys and help.

So here is the deal. I ended up getting an alarm system ASIANWOLF8100RSX with prox sensor, glass, tilt sensor, air pressure sensor, 4 window rollup module. I am protecting my evo now. I had it for a 1.5 year and never had a problem. as far as local evo guys around my hood, yes i am keeping my eyes open for sure. Street of woodfield get alot people there on warn weekends so time to investigate.

As for the repairs, I got a used ACD pump with the pigtail thbat i needed. so i am good and do not need to change the engine harness, as thats where the Acd pump plugs in.

Ohh yes the ACD pump is 2000.00 at the dealer. Harness is another 700

Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by biggie5252
How did you notice it missing? I wouldn't have noticed it for days, but I also walk up on the back of my car usually. Wow.
Well i noticed it as i started driving. The three ACD lights on dash freaked me out.
I pulled and said ****, Then i look under the car and see red flujid pissing. Then i poped the hood and see red fluid on the pan under the bumper, then finally look in my bumper and i see the suprice some **** has left me.

Quick Reply: Someone has stolen Acd pump from my car