Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Someone has stolen Acd pump from my car

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amstel78
Did you call the cops? Did you touch the surrounding area? If not, call the police and file a report. Have them dust the area for prints. Sometimes you might get lucky and the perp has priors.
I called cops right after i found out. Had the car dusted and did find some parts, but who knows, if they are mine or theves. I have not washed my car or toached it the since last wash week ago so i hopew the theve left his prints.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by lexat20
That is bull ****. This happened in Park Ridge? There are some shady mother ****ers out there. Be sure to check out the other local sites for some leads too. mwe.com and chitown too.
Yes it happened right on front of my garage, outside. My car was parked lijke 15 feet away from my garage door. That like invading private property and stealing. Long story short. I got home at 12 at night on friday, woke up on satureday at 8 am went to car 8:15, 8:20 noticed the problem.

Thats insane!!!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
i got a pager alarm, no body is stealing my stuff. But, i think I will look into striping those bolts or doing something with the fram to make it impossible to steal.
Eighter grind the head of the bolt or put jb weld inside the bolt. As it is a hex bolt and you can see it of you look on the ACD pump, CANT mis it. That bolt and that long sensor is worth $2000.00 as mitsu do not sell these seperate, Plus the harness is 700.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man that sucks, hope you get it resolved, talk to Adam at Devo he may have a spare
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
man that sucks, hope you get it resolved, talk to Adam at Devo he may have a spare
thanks for your help. i already have the parts comming. My Evo should be up and running on wednesday. I managed to get the pigtail for the sensor as well so i will not have to replace the whole harness.

I will take pics after i repair my car.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:17 PM

Big thanks to Tom (tseitz123) for hooking me up with parts.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, it figures that this happened in the Chicago land area... it's getting so bad, they'll break into your car for your radar detector.. But like everyone else has said, it was someone who knew exactly where the part was and the simplest and quickest way to access it. This crap is getting old, really quick.. I'm surprised they didn't cut the hood release cable as well and pop your hood and start taking stuff as they please..
Old Apr 8, 2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by awdwannabe
Yeah, it figures that this happened in the Chicago land area... it's getting so bad, they'll break into your car for your radar detector.. But like everyone else has said, it was someone who knew exactly where the part was and the simplest and quickest way to access it. This crap is getting old, really quick.. I'm surprised they didn't cut the hood release cable as well and pop your hood and start taking stuff as they please..
I got a call today from Park Ridge Police Department, they found good finger prints of my car. So i had to go there are give my prints. I hope they are not mine but the theves. Last time I washed my car was over a week ago so the car was dusty and dirty last friday, so looks like i might be able to find out who this theve is and get his *** for steling **** of my poor EVO.

I will know more soon.

As far as the repairs total was 3100.00 with the harness. Parts will be in tomorrow so I should have my car up and running again tomorrow or thursday.

Thanks for all help
Old Apr 8, 2008, 03:06 PM

My new alarm system is on the way, and will be installed righ away!!!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Betcha those prints are from him. I hope that moron gets caught.