Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I really , REALLY love my evo !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weiyan8
nice times, man, congrats. But damn, the whole setup story had nothing to do with the ending, haha. I was expecting you to find the white STi at the track or something and beat race em. Good story anyway.
lol i was thinking the same thing, anyway nice recovery on the 60ft times def some good numbers esp. on pump gas
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Which track did you go to over the weekend speed? Just wondering because this saturday is supposed to be a U.T.I. (universal technical institute) sponsored event @ Byron. Or at least all UTI students are invited..
And as far as the racing goes, did it happen to be down south just off of Pulaski? and did this STi happen to be white with pink rims? or something to that affect, or a STi Limited? because he posts up races on streetfire.com, under the title chicago street racing... and his name on the site is STILIMITED..
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

The STI he's talking about is a '06-07 STi, white, brown-skinned dude (not sure if mexican/jamaican/black/indian :shrugs: ) He races down on Pulaski, I'm sure you know the spot, kinda off 55south.

Glad you like your car bud! :thumbsup: Howd your cousin do? It pulled nicely for what it had done and boost/afr it was at.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3volut1on
I just went outside and saw mine sitting there. God i love that car.
I love my car too! My car is so sexy..... If she was a chick, I would so hit it.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't seen the track for more than two years since I sold my ex-MR2 turbo. Might go sometime in the near summer
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:03 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

good times. You made a good decision to keep it off the streets.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just looked out my window waved and said hi to my evo. LOL Imma dork.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by 3volut1on
I just went outside and saw mine sitting there. God i love that car.
hahhaa......i just took at look at my car out if the windown....i said to myself what a car......
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice teams.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I absolutely love mine too!

Good story
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
The STI he's talking about is a '06-07 STi, white, brown-skinned dude (not sure if mexican/jamaican/black/indian :shrugs: ) He races down on Pulaski, I'm sure you know the spot, kinda off 55south.

Glad you like your car bud! :thumbsup: Howd your cousin do? It pulled nicely for what it had done and boost/afr it was at.

I've never been down there, but one of the guys I know from UTI lives about 5 mins from there..and I'm about 15mins. away, and he wants me to come down for some fun runs. As of right now he's helping one of his buddies with a build.. A 2.6 Kenne Bell Lightning + C16 + Nitrous... It should be a beast when it's finished.
But as far as who this guy is with the STi, I'm just wondering if it's the same guy as on Streetfire.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Evos are great. I love mine as well.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

nice, thnx for all the comments guys. sorry i didn't end up bumping into the STI guy at the track and laying the smack'down! haha didn't mean to lead you guys on

but, ya its a white 05-06 (new front end) STI. no exhaust so must be an open DP. (i couldn't really see it was at night). It either has black painted wheels or aftermarket wheels that are black NOT pink. I know that sti you're talking about though. i'll give it to him though, the thing was pretty quick. I'd like to know what it has? Ya i was down 55/53 somewhere? like i said i got lost! lol

kunal- my cousin's clutch cylinder started leaking on the way up there! freakin sucked. he wasn't able to get it into 2nd gear at high rpms. so he wasn't able to get in a clean run. first run he bogged, second run he had problems with getting into gear, and the third run he bounced off the rev limiter all thru first. he was pretty pissed off at his car haha. i told him he shoulda got an evo

i might be interested in that UTI thing too. pm me the details again. i'm sure my cousin would like to get some more practice with the tree. thnx

p.s kunal, i think i want that "cool" feature of shootin out flames every time i shift. an excuse to get a bigger turbo! haha

Last edited by speedfreak0920; Apr 7, 2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Interesting story, lol. Congrats on getting better as the day went along, instead of the opposite.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

i love my evo too..

good times and seems to be some nice *** weekend!! i love those times when its one guys birthday and the whole gang parties like its their owns...and like there is no tommorow.!!! hahahahah

anyways...just as an advice...stay away from the megan mani. or any other manifold for that matter..spend the money on a green turbo and port your stocker...
believe before i upgraded my turbo..someone else told me the same thing about the manifold...i didnt listen and spend ~$1000 on a toda manifold thinking it was the shiznit and it was JDM it wouldnt crack...what do i know!! 10 months down the road and less than 6000miles that think cracked in two different places!!!
my friends megan mani cracked after 3300miles in the middle east heat!!

goodluck!! keep driving...
that 60'ft will greatly improve with an exedy HD!

Quick Reply: I really , REALLY love my evo !