Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evodave products

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evodave products

i'm thinking about getting some head/tail lights from evodave and everyone that i've talked to locally are warning me cuz i'll have problems with them getting moisture in them and what not..

my question for the members that have his products or had him do something to ur stock lights is have u had any moisture problems?? have u had water get into them alot or no??

thanks
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you will not have any problems out of evodaves products. they are all top notch. i do not think there is even one person on here with anything negative to say about his stuff. he is a great person to do business with, be confident he will take care of you. i have hl and tl
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

I had that problem with moister on the lights. But i remember him saying that it rarely had that, its just me that had the bad bunch. And he is willing to replace it for a nice one so it does not matter. It still came out hot though. And if you are planning to get a set now, good luck on trying to reach him, because he is a very busy guy. I been trying to reach him for 2 weeks and still no reply. So good luck to ya.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

numerous complaints about him being a really busy guy, taking a while to get you your product and not responding to messages. I have no firsthand experience on the matter, just what I have read through searching. No complaints about all about the workmanship of the product itself though.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

His stuff is top notch but yes he is very busy right now so plan on waiting a while.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

doesnt he have other people "working under him" sorta. i think you get the same quality and all and probably have to wait just as long but you might get in contact faster
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in no way saying EVODAVE isn't good because I think he is the BEST! When it comes to headlights. I have also bought his Carbon Fiber VG which was the damn best fit CF VG I EVER bought. Now as far as my headlights, I did get moister in them, but that doesn't mean the lights get ruined. All it means is you need to re-seal them. Took me about 15 minutes and I was finished. Here is what happened to me.

I can understand everyone’s concern and its something that sucks if it happens, but I seriously think it doesn't justify not buying headlights from him. I PM'ed him with what happened and he was quick to respond to me, and gave me all the assistance I needed. Not only that, when I bought the lights EVODAVE included EVERYTHING!!! My set-up is HID fog, low and high beam lights, he pre-wired everything for me, included the extra switch to turn on the fog lights, had included a new roll of double sided tape, small, medium and large zip ties, had included extra fuses in case I may have needed them, which to this date I've never used them, instructions, pre-labeled everything, and I don't even want to go into how well those babies were packaged! Look for yourself:

As far as the quality in his lights, I don't think there's anyone that can touch his work. There is no bubbles in the paint, no bs scratches and the overall job is well done, and for paint to perfectly match the body color is hard enough to do... For that reason I think it's worth having him do your light because he's done so many, he's not second guessing how to open, paint and re-seal them. He's human and some things are meant to happen, but I still trust his work, and it only happened to one light, so a 15 minute fix wasn't a big deal in my book. I would defiantly go EVODAVE for headlights if I had to do it all over again, and he's got plenty of other options for your lights that no other person here can offer!

I'm sorry to make this long or boar anyone, but that's just my .02..

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
doesnt he have other people "working under him" sorta. i think you get the same quality and all and probably have to wait just as long but you might get in contact faster
I think he's a one man crew, and he is a REALLY busy man... But I'm not to sure about that though....
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

evodave is the best...hes a really good guy and his work is top notch...his paint jobs are better than factory IMO...if you are looking to get heads/tails done he is the man for the job hands down...i got both heads and tails done and when i opened the box i just about blew one....go evodave
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:11 PM
Account Disabled

see i'm worried about getting his head/tail lights and getting moisture like that.. thats what scares me bout getting his stuff
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
see i'm worried about getting his head/tail lights and getting moisture like that.. thats what scares me bout getting his stuff
ggevoIX, he's done hundreds of lights and I'm a one in a million it happened to. Like I said, he's human and there are TONS of people on this forum that buy and use his lights and have NEVER had any issue's. I happen to have a little mis-hap. I can ship them back to him so he can fix them or I can take 15 minutes and fix it myself. Moister isn't a big issue, paint, lights, etc are more of a thing to worry about. Moister you can always open, clean and re-seal it in 15 min and you don't even have to buy anything expensive and it can be done in your home.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:21 PM
Account Disabled

well if you want something other than genuine JDM then you run that risk. I'm going to try to do it myself. I know what's involved since I've done my RSX headlights. I think it's a little bit of a pain in the azz but it's worth it for the look.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

you can always seal them around the edges w/ clear silicone. Thats what i did when I had my Civic EG headlights.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

1) Hey man, don't go outside. You might be that one person in a million that might get struck by lightning.

2) Wait, don't buy EvoDaves lights, because one person out of (god knows how many) got moisture in it.

Thing is, he is busy because he is selling a lot of headlights and whatnot, that in itself should say something. I for one am saving up to get mine done. I just want the flat black. I haven't read anything negative at all from EvoDave or had any bad impressions. (Just that he is very busy.)

And if you are so worried about getting moisture in it, try doing it yourself. I mean, if you want something done right, you gotta do it by yourself, right? <<<--- Not always true.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I too will vouch for him. His work is top notch! I just reciently had my tails done and they look awesome. As for moisture only time will tell. He had stated however that he guarantees his work and that the seal is covered so im really not sure what your worried about. If in the rare instance that they do get some condensation in them you can fit it yourself or send them back to him to fix. Its up to you. BTW just because one person had a problem doesnt mean there all bad. Hell, factory lights have condensation problems all the time. Does that mean there bad too...
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
I too will vouch for him. His work is top notch! I just reciently had my tails done and they look awesome. As for moisture only time will tell. He had stated however that he guarantees his work and that the seal is covered so im really not sure what your worried about. If in the rare instance that they do get some condensation in them you can fit it yourself or send them back to him to fix. Its up to you. BTW just because one person had a problem doesnt mean there all bad. Hell, factory lights have condensation problems all the time. Does that mean there bad too...
Now I hope everyone reading my post isn't thinking I'm bashing Dave because that's not the case, in fact I recommend him. I have had a friend with a brand new BMW who had moister in his lights now that I think about it, so you are right, it does happen to even OEM lights, but it's not as common as a person doing all the work himself. Like I said before, if you do happen to have a problem, EVODAVE will fix it, no questions asked. You simply cannot duplicate the work EVODAVE has done. Some may come close, but no one has his experience with EVO head and tail lights! Period!