Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Spark Plug Cover Screws?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Spark Plug Cover Screws?

I bought a Buschur polished spark plug cover used from another member on here. I went to put it in yesterday since I had the old one off due to a plug change. Low and behold the stock screws do not fit. Apparently this cover requires longer screws. Anyone else run into this situation? If so, where'd you get the new screws? How about the size and threads? From looking at some on here, they appear to be a hex screw, but I'm not positive. Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send Buschur a PM. Thats probably the quickest way to get an answer.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

i had done that too. just never got a response until today. was exactly as i suspected. take the bolt to the hardware store and find a longer one of the same thread. went to lowes and of course they didn't have one. hope home depots got some.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 07:49 AM
Former Sponsor

The response to your email was sent the day after I recieved it.

I did say I had the bolts here but I would recommend looking at your local hardware store instead of paying for shipping on top of the bolts.

Your response makes it seem like you waited days and you got the cold shoulder. Neither of those were the case.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
The response to your email was sent the day after I recieved it.

I did say I had the bolts here but I would recommend looking at your local hardware store instead of paying for shipping on top of the bolts.

Your response makes it seem like you waited days and you got the cold shoulder. Neither of those were the case.
you need to relax man. i never said i didn't like your answer. i only stated it was what i expected. that yes they do require longer ones. yes you do have them available. but yes, its easier to go to the hardware store and look for them. for me, i had went to lowes but they didn't have metric bolts due to yearly inventory counting (or so the guy said). luckily i found them at home depot yesterday morning. M6 X 1mm X 16mm was the size needed.

but the reason i stated that i hadn't received the email till the time i did, because for me, it was two days from the time i wrote it to the time i read a response. you only have to look at the timestamps here to see what i'm talking about. i wrote this thread on the 8th. same as the email. i only got to read the response on the 10th because you wrote it after i left work at 9am (yes i work the graveyard) on the 9th. therefore i didn't read it till the next night; when i wrote my second reply here. so relax. no one was bashing you or your service.