Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo back to LIFE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, I was in your shoes. I lost my license for awhile and my wife (then girlfriend) drove me everywhere. It sucked, put strain on friends, and was embarrassing. The first drive will be like loosing your virginity!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish you good luck and be careful!!!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 07:48 PM

Man I got ever so close to that down here in Florida I got caught speeding on my bike, and the courts slapped me with racing on the highway which is criminal down here. I would have ended up loosing my license for a year but I spent 2500 dollars on a good lawyer and he got it down to a careless driving , but shortly after I somewhat retired the speeding and just enjoyed my new born son which is now 2..Now I have an Evo Ix and the second day on the way from the dealership I got clocked doing 117 in a 65 on the highway. I thought to myself I just don't learn. I am now awaiting a court appearance in Seminole county florida just to find out how much the ticket is going to be . The cop was nice enough to not arrest me or hit me with a criminal citation. I currently have no points on my license but im dreading that court date ..Well thats my story, and oh yea welcome back to the road lets hope I can stay on it now

Last edited by Dohcterturbo; Apr 8, 2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dont Try To Run
too many speeding tickets and you are adding mods.... lol. Good luck my friend.
I'm sure 99% of us owners in here have at least one speeding tickets. I still have a collection of mine from the past 10 years!!! I got one with my Evo but got it dropped with a good explanation of why I speed. But it doesn't work all the time. Just have to relax because whether we speed or go the speed limit, we all get there one way or another Just be careful next time.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dohcterturbo
Man I got ever so close to that down here in Florida I got caught speeding on my bike, and the courts slapped me with racing on the highway which is criminal down here. I would have ended up loosing my license for a year but I spent 2500 dollars on a good lawyer and he got it down to a careless driving , but shortly after I somewhat retired the speeding and just enjoyed my new born son which is now 2..Now I have an Evo Ix and the second day on the way from the dealership I got clocked doing 117 in a 65 on the highway. I thought to myself I just don't learn. I am now awaiting a court appearance in Seminole county florida just to find out how much the ticket is going to be . The cop was nice enough to not arrest me or hit me with a criminal citation. I currently have no points on my license but im dreading that court date ..Well thats my story, and oh yea welcome back to the road lets hope I can stay on it now
That's fast my friend. I wish you luck on that one. Hopefully you'll get through with this one without a criminal record. Depend on your situation, maybe another lawyer would be ideal. Oh, congrat on your new born.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Slow down and only speed up on the track.

I lost my license for 3 months and I thought that was a long *** time.

16 months? Jesus. Dunno what to say bro.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

It was the worst 16 months of my life and im 30 as of march.....all my friends have evos stis ect and every single day was a nightmare not driving around and washign the car and just about anything....

if i could give any advice it would be cherish the license like its the most important thing in your life, i never learned and just kept being stupid and making bad choices. i have a great business great fiance but not having the license made my life feel like i was nothing. it will be like being a virgin again driving that car on may 26th, it will be the highlight of my life, well it will be big to say the least!!!!!!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dohcterturbo
I got clocked doing 117 in a 65 on the highway. I thought to myself I just don't learn. I am now awaiting a court appearance in Seminole county florida just to find out how much the ticket is going to be...
Yeah - I'm curious to know what you get slapped with for that one. Let me know how much of a fine it is to do 52 over the limit. I would guess somewhere between $300 and $400.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
Yeah - I'm curious to know what you get slapped with for that one. Let me know how much of a fine it is to do 52 over the limit. I would guess somewhere between $300 and $400.
[QUOTE=That's fast my friend. I wish you luck on that one. Hopefully you'll get through with this one without a criminal record. Depend on your situation, maybe another lawyer would be ideal. Oh, congrat on your new born.[/QUOTE]

Yea it will probably be about $500 bucks at the end of the day, but man the evo does it with such ease I looked up and it was too late as I saw the speed, and the cop at the same time. Just in case you guys are thinking I wasn't WOT either I called myself looking for a cruising speed or a point where the car just levels out like my GSX did. Unfortunatley it's probably somewhere further up past where I got pulled over .. Oh and an answer to the second question down here in Florida the cop has a choice apparently in Seminole county whether to brand you with a criminal violation or just scar your pockets royally with a civil citation to come in and see the traffic magistrate or whatever.. In any event I have no fine on my ticket so I am just getting prepped for my flogging.. fyi guys I got the ticket on the 17th of january!! I'm just going to court for it on May 7th coming up ... Thanks for the congrats he is going to be 3 this year I waited this long to come from under my rock, and looks like I'm going back under it when it comes to the street, but hello Sebring, and Road Atlanta, because here I come, and ready for some Max speed straights !!!!

Last edited by Dohcterturbo; Apr 15, 2008 at 09:11 PM.