Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I need Help With My DP install!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know when i installed my buschur down pipe wich if i remember sits flush against the o2 housing with no gasket or spring bolts.

my stock dough nut gasket or however you spell that was a pain to get out as well. but i just used a pair of needle nose plier and tore it to shreds pulling it out of there. eventually it comes out in pieces of course. but if u still need a gasket it would be smart to get a new one anyways. they aren't that expensive.

good luck!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by ethan169
i know when i installed my buschur down pipe wich if i remember sits flush against the o2 housing with no gasket or spring bolts.

my stock dough nut gasket or however you spell that was a pain to get out as well. but i just used a pair of needle nose plier and tore it to shreds pulling it out of there. eventually it comes out in pieces of course. but if u still need a gasket it would be smart to get a new one anyways. they aren't that expensive.

good luck!
the buschur if am not mistaken doesn't use the stock donut gasket. thats y it would sit flush
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

I could not get a screwdriver into alignment with the dp gasket, so i just used a pair of pliers, one side on the gasket and one side inside the O2 housing and sorted of tilted and pulled at a few points around the gasket to get it out. BTW use anti-seize and wear gloves when using anti-seize.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by waynea
I could not get a screwdriver into alignment with the dp gasket, so i just used a pair of pliers, one side on the gasket and one side inside the O2 housing and sorted of tilted and pulled at a few points around the gasket to get it out. BTW use anti-seize and wear gloves when using anti-seize.
ok ty
Old Apr 9, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
the buschur if am not mistaken doesn't use the stock donut gasket. thats y it would sit flush
I don't own one, but you're right it doesn't use a gasket at all. They don't leak either. David must have sprinkled some magic on that flange to keep it nice and tight.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone own this Dp and installed it themselves??? that might want to chime in ???
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

so i went to advance today and i think i got a donut gasket that will fit not sure but i will try 2morrow. its from a v6 gm engine LOL. will post results soon
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by idriveanevo
theres really no reason to tighten the dp as tight as you can get it, especially not so tight that you hurt yourself, lol. cause its only as tight as the springs holding it. and the dp is not supposed to be touching the o2 housing, its designed to move around on the round gasket... the gap is supposed to be there.....
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by waynea
My addidas pants still have some anti-seize on it that stuff gets stuck on everthing.

Last edited by huevosrancheros; Apr 9, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
thats what i was saying that i personally have the buschur and it doesnt use the stock gasket

but when i went to remove the old gasket i used needle nose pliers or a set of dykes.

sorry if i worded it in a confusing manner

~Ethan
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by PureDsm
you need to remove the DP again and scrap of that gasket and put a new one on simple as that.
That gasket really is a bastard to get off. But this sounds like a good idea
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

All this talk about a donut gasket honestly guys I can't remember running into this. I did do my DP install about a year ago and I have a DC Sports DP. I have since removed that with very detail pictures and did not run into this gasket. In my mind the donut gasket is not the flat gasket that you normalls run into right? Your best bet would to find someone who has this DP installed
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mick82907
All this talk about a donut gasket honestly guys I can't remember running into this. I did do my DP install about a year ago and I have a DC Sports DP. I have since removed that with very detail pictures and did not run into this gasket. In my mind the donut gasket is not the flat gasket that you normalls run into right? Your best bet would to find someone who has this DP installed
it looks exactly like a small metal donut. it goes in between the 02 housing and the downpipe.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

You know what's funny is I just ordered this downpipe [Megan] and it came in the mail today. Haven't installed yet. I don't think I could help you because it'll be a week before I work on the car. I'll let you know if I run across the same problem with the gasket.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

The donut gasket is there for a bit of flex between the turbo and exhaust system, it provides a pivot point that won't leak. Why doesn't the Buschur DP have a provision for the donut or a flex section?

Josh