Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I need Help With My DP install!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Burklow
You know what's funny is I just ordered this downpipe [Megan] and it came in the mail today. Haven't installed yet. I don't think I could help you because it'll be a week before I work on the car. I'll let you know if I run across the same problem with the gasket.
where did you buy and did it come with any gaskets?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
where did you buy and did it come with any gaskets?
Speed Element. It came with a gasket for the cat side only. I have a spare one from my test pipe as well. None for the DP to O2 housing connection. Megan has given me plenty of gaskets for all of my exhaust flange pieces though...did they over look you?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:29 AM

When i bougt my Megan DP, it didn't come with a donut gasket. I forgot where i bought it from, but they said it fits right over the stock gasket. I never looked to see if there was a gap or not, because i left the under tray on while doing it =P

12k miles later, the car is still perfect.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

I just installed my Megan DP yesterday. The gasket in the O2 housing was stuck to it so I just slipped the new DP over it and it is fine. I didn't even have to take it off. The undertray actually took the longest amount of time. Maybe 1.5 hours. Downpipe came off and on in maybe 30 minutes.