Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i need all the advice i can get!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need all the advice i can get!

installed my Trust Exhaust PE Ti-R. very nice. only thing i didnt like was the slip in design. so heres what i got i was installing my silencer becouse around my area cops are not found of loud exhausts. while i was down underneath my car i had friend turn on the car to see if everything was fine i had a hunch it would leak. and sure enough its leaking out the edge of the pipe. where did you place the strap in order to keep it from leaking. if any one has installed this exhaust and would like to help me out i would appreciate it. pics to show what im talking about

now closer to the cat.... where the exhaust bolts up to the cat on the stock exhaust there was a little bracket that help the o2 wire away from the exhaust in order to keep it from melting. new exhaust doesnt have bracket what did u do with it

and one more thing should i get rid of this bracket and figuere out something for the wire not to touch and get melted or keep it?

if any one that has installed ths exact exhaust help a brotha out. lol all advice is appreciated thanks guys?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Hrm.....

Common sense motor is kicking in.....

And it says:

Don't let your wire fry. Stay away from thh exhaust! ACCESS DENIED!!!!!11222333

Oops. LOL. =P

Really, though. Don't have any expirience. But I would still say the keep that wire away from your exhaust.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

If that clamp doesn't get any tighter, you might want to try taking a thin piece of sheet metal, and wrap it around the male end, then slip the female end over it. Tighten the clamp, and it will probably seal better. Not a perfect fix, but a cheap one.