Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Which wideband to get... AEM or Zeitronix Zt-2 ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which wideband to get... AEM or Zeitronix Zt-2 ??

So I have been looking at widebands and I have it narrowed down to two... The AEM UEGO or the Zeitronix Zt-2. I now am trying to decide which one to go with..... I cant decied why I would pick one over the other, they both have such good ratings and features, I cant pick.

I know pretty much all widebands work the same. I do plan to run E85 and I know a lot of the tunning is done with AFRs and such. So here are my questions... hope someone can help......

1. Would one of these guages be better for tunning for E85 or are they both the same?

2. Why is the Zeitronix Zt-2 cheaper than the AEM when it displays more info.?

3. Would I be able to use the Zeitronix Zt-2 with a AEM stand alone later?

If someone could give personal input or at least give me some info.... it would be a GREAT help!!
Thanks!!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

I have the AEM UEGO and it is great. I know nothing about the other, so I can't say anything about that one. And if you use AEM standalone, I am 99% sure that it is compatible.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:23 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zeitronix, hands down! Although I run Innovate myself, Zeitronix get very good reviews. My neighbor had AEM, and said he hated it, and it was really slow. I've heard a few other claims about AEM being slow.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chu
Zeitronix, hands down! Although I run Innovate myself, Zeitronix get very good reviews. My neighbor had AEM, and said he hated it, and it was really slow. I've heard a few other claims about AEM being slow.
Ooh, Innovate is VERY good. I would suggest that! I know I just said that I have AEM, but in all honesty, when I bought mine, my buddy had the AEM in stock, so I just went with that. I probably should have gone with the Innovate, but the AEM has been great. I am happy with the AEM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 07:20 AM
Account Disabled

my AEM Uego is fast, really fast. no hesitation at all. the only downside is its not all pretty colors at night. All you see is the bar graph and the 7segment displays. I wish it was pretty like my defi gauges
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:18 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
my AEM Uego is fast, really fast. no hesitation at all. the only downside is its not all pretty colors at night. All you see is the bar graph and the 7segment displays. I wish it was pretty like my defi gauges
So get yourself a Defi AFR gauge weirdo..
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

yeah since pretty colors is what every straight man needs ...lol...go with the aem...works perfect and goes perfect with ems
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Zeitronix and its great, the info display is very easy to read during the day or night and you can also use it as a logger with the right software.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, you can use the Zt-2 with EMS. We designed the Zt-2 to work with the EMS before AEM had their own wideband.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

I have both in separate cars and I would get the Zeitronix over the AEM because of the logging capability, especially if you are still using the stock ECU. If you're using the AEM EMS the logging capability of the Zeitronix is less of a factor in the decision. Both get the job done.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chu
i completely disagree that the AEM is "slow" I have had mine for about a year and LOVE it, actually i have 2 of them, one in my subie too!
If the sensor is too far downstream i guess it can seem slow, but that would apply to any wideband. mine is about 2-3 feet from the turbo in my dp, and it is super fast to respond...
I dont like the innovate, the gauge itself is cool looking, but i know 2 people that have had the gauge itself crap out...
IMO you cant go wrong with either, pick whichever you can stand looking at more!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

ZT-2 +1
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:48 PM

I have never heard of the Zeitronix before, but I always hear good things about teh AEM. Although I personally would get the innovative WB, you cant go wrong with either of your two choices. They both seem to be great products.

I would say try the zeitronix out since its not as popular....that way more and more people hear about it. Seems to be a great piece and more people need to know about them IMO!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 04:38 AM

My vote is for the zeitronix, much more versatile. I also had the AEM UEGO....it was fine just does not offer any other features.

c
Old Apr 11, 2008, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Zeitronics is the best tuner friendly wideband around its so versitile and I never read one review about them having any issues whatsoever.

I have an NGK since all I need in a wideband is the monitoring now

Quick Reply: Which wideband to get... AEM or Zeitronix Zt-2 ??