Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

STRI gauges issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STRI gauges issues

Hey guys,

it seems like a bunch of people are buying STRI gauges, but there is not a whole lot of feedback on them as far as issues, or just people being happy with them. So here is mine:

Gauges Bought:
Boost
Oil Pressure
Oil Temp

Model: DSD SLMII

Installation was nice and easy, looks like very nice gauges, well build. The wiring is nice and looks pro.

I installed them in December. Everything worked fine.
Had the car tuned, and the boost reading on the gauges is perfect. Right on the money when checked vs the dyno boost reading.

The oil pressure started screwing up once in a while when it would think that the zero was at 40psi. To resolve the problem, I would have to shut down the car, and restart and then it would work fine. It would do it once a week or every couple weeks. I sent it back for a warranty exchange.

The oil Temp started to screw up a couple last week when the needle just go between 40 and 180 degree for no reason. I have to send this one back for warranty exchange also.

I am wondering if people are having issues or if I am just unlucky...
Old Apr 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have Xline boost gauge which is made by stri and so far i m pretty happy. Going to use it for now until i get defi...for the price u cant go wrong
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:44 AM

does anyone else with STRI gauges have any issues? I've been searching for issues with Defi gauges, and I can't find any. So these seem pretty major compared to Defi who has been around for awhile.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boost and oil prss here. nothing wrong with them, i installed them early January...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:34 PM

anybody else?? positive or negative comments would be nice
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:25 PM

I installed my Stri DSD-SLMII Boost gauge last September and haven't had any issues with it so far.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 06:37 PM
qnz
Evolving Member

i have DSD-SLMII boost, oil press, water temp and egt installed for about 6 months now. My oil press started acting up about 2 months in. It would act as if there was no sender plugged in or sometimes it would say i have 0 oil press and when driving it would only go up to like 10 psi. My egt just started acting up last week. My temps are now 100 degrees cooler for some reason. Im not sure the reason but I havent tried reseating the cables yet. I mounted them in a way that theyre inconvenient to remove. Also, one of the wires in the harness was loosly attached. I had to use some electrical tape to keep it from falling out
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Doowop
Hey guys,

it seems like a bunch of people are buying STRI gauges, but there is not a whole lot of feedback on them as far as issues, or just people being happy with them. So here is mine:

Gauges Bought:
Boost
Oil Pressure
Oil Temp

Model: DSD SLMII

Installation was nice and easy, looks like very nice gauges, well build. The wiring is nice and looks pro.

I installed them in December. Everything worked fine.
Had the car tuned, and the boost reading on the gauges is perfect. Right on the money when checked vs the dyno boost reading.

The oil pressure started screwing up once in a while when it would think that the zero was at 40psi. To resolve the problem, I would have to shut down the car, and restart and then it would work fine. It would do it once a week or every couple weeks. I sent it back for a warranty exchange.

The oil Temp started to screw up a couple last week when the needle just go between 40 and 180 degree for no reason. I have to send this one back for warranty exchange also.

I am wondering if people are having issues or if I am just unlucky...
Hi,I have the same problem with my X-line STRI Oil Pressure gauge.Now it works as it has the 0 point at 40 or so,and when I drive its almost over 100.Whats wrong???
Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i take what i said back...my thing is reading the boost wrong
Old May 6, 2008, 10:54 AM

Check the connection on the oil sensor,the stupid electrician had the 2 wires wrong connected,I changed them myself and the oil pressure sensor worked again fine
Old May 6, 2008, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have the 30psi boost and oil temps. Been running them for 6 months with no issues.
Old May 16, 2008, 01:35 AM

I selled the x-line gauges to a friend,they are working fine!I got the STRI DSD II gauges(oil temp-oil press-turbo boost) everything ok,looking awesome and with better quality sensors.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:02 PM
qnz
Evolving Member

My boost gauge started acting up today. When Im on 20% throttle, the pressure still reads 20 vacuum. When I let off the throttle, it reads 30 vacuum. Also during the day, I drove around with the needle stuck on 0. Other than today, the gauge is fine. I wonder how accurate these are when theyre working correctly.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:03 PM
qnz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by apotheker
Check the connection on the oil sensor,the stupid electrician had the 2 wires wrong connected,I changed them myself and the oil pressure sensor worked again fine
what do you mean? the plug is triangular, it can only fit one way...
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

i have them and my oil pressure took a crap on me last night...their sensors are horrible...ughhh!!!

Quick Reply: STRI gauges issues