Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO or my GSX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shad your car is sweet. If you want more speed you can still go to more on your ride. I really love the Eclipse lines I had a "00" gt 5sp that I gave up for the evo (g3 power and handling were dissapointing with no real after market help).

The advantages to the Evo are its four doors and a real back seat, making it more versitile. That is what kept my wife from killing me for dumping the car I just "had to have" so soon.

I don't know how much you can do to the platform on your ride but the Evo is very stiff. I am sure you know that all Eclipse brakes benefit from a serious upgrade. The only rational thing to do is, drive (really drive) an Evo then make up your mind, you are certainly sophisicated enough to do your own evaluation. Again, you have one nice ride there. I have been curious about the potential in your some what rare version Eclipse.

Last edited by WildRice; Aug 7, 2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the EVO !!!

The potential of EVO is still unknown. 13 sec EVO cost less than 2k to build.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

ummm the evo already runs 13's stock
...12's cause about 2k....
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Once again I feel the need to post here to correct the HORRIBLE misgivings of other posts. First of all, you have a 95 GSX that hasn't crank walked and that is because it was an early build for that year when they were still using left over 1G cranks, so that is a huge plus for keeping your car. Overall though, the EVO is better in every subtle way than any DSM, and overtly better than most. The engine and tranny are beefier, higher compression engine, stock front mount and Big 16G. And to correct the newbie who posted about running 12's costing 2K, I ran 13.0 with exactly $130 dollars in mods (50 for BR test pipe and 80 for BR intake), with my $55 Hallman boost controller I run 12's so you do the addition. There is no way an AWD DSM can run 12's for this little money. But you've already made an investment in your car, and there's no reason to throw it all away and start over.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

ummm... with his mods he can hit 12.9 easily at 105mph or better.. i hit 12.2 @112mph with my 1995 talon tsi, 6 bolt block with 2nd gen head, 1g throttle body, 1g intake manifold,port work, big 16g ported, hks springs + retainers, fidanza flywheel, hks 272intake 272 exhaust, arp head studs, metal head gasket, dejon intake, greddy type s, apexi n1, 3inch downpipe, fuel pump, 550cc rc ball disc injectors, mbc, safc, apexi front mount, act 2600, k&n filter, b&m short throw

it depends what he wants the car for.. if u wanna drag or street race keep the gsx..
if u want something more get the evo
u can do alot of things to the evo or dont do anything at all... its a great car no matter what u do
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

he says he mostly autox's..if that's so, go with the Evo. handling and balance is a lot better on the evo. im sure its hard to say good bye to your GSX but im sure u'll be happy with a new Evo

go test drive one if u havent already too.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JohnMemorialHS
I know that almost any car can catch up to an Evo in power if enough modification is done to it, but my question is, can modifications on a GSX make it as good in handling or even better as the Evo? They both have AWD, and to my knowledge, the Evo doesn't have that special of an AWD system. So would a GSX compete in curvy roads if a nice LSD is put on it? Or is Evo's AWD system a whole lot better besides the LSD.
Anyone have an answer to my question?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the evo has a much better AWD system than a 95 gsx, plus it has the suspention to support it.. if handling is any kind of consideration in the decision your going to have to go Evo.. if not keep the gsx

Originally posted by JohnMemorialHS

Anyone have an answer to my question?