Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me with My Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me with My Evo IX

Hey People. My name is Moe from jamaica, I just joined this forum. I won a toyota caldina gt4 N edition it is a Japanese car but turbocharged. I Love evo's since i was 5 years old, Now I am 21 years old. It has been for years now since i was asking my dad for a evo But he always said no to me. And Now my neighbour just got his last week a evo Ix MR from Japan Very clean, So it is burning inside of me to get one now. I feel very sad again, I dont know how to ask my father to get me one evo. So I am asking for your help to give me advice what I can say to my dad for him to buy me a Evo IX MR.

So I would Really appreciate it if you people can just take 2 minutes of your time and give me some advice. thank you.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sell the Toyota and put that money towards the Evo,don't really on your dad to buy it for you.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

^ Good idea. Just give him a plan on how you can pay for it, split paying for it, or even pay him back for it.

Do anything for the Evo!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

yo gi u fada a real talk. tell him to trade in the toyo to mr ramdial or mr strolly. i doubt u going get no 7-8-9 back a yard is a whole heap a dough dat still. get a nice 3 or 4 in the 1-1.4 mil range. nah seh u caan afford it but i dont know the situation, but give him a real talk and see wha him seh. simi?
bless up killa and good luck
Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Well think of it as a safety thing: The car is quick to get out of the way if you find yourself in a tight spot. The AWD system is very forgiving and allows you excellent control of the vehicle even when you have to swerve very quickly (An Evo feels like a go-kart on the highway. that quick of steering response). You have racing 4 and 2 piston Brembo brakes which stop as quick if not quicker than most other performance cars. WAY faster than normal economy cars.

Does that help any?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Yow, hear mi my yute. Soun like seh di dollaz strong. U jus haffi reason wid im.
Tell him seh u jus need some help, since u a plan fi trade the turbo caldina. [ Nice car those by the way]
Jus like wha vibez mention earlier, u need fi have a heart to heart wid u ole man. By di same token, u need fi show some amount of responsibility. Such as staying out of trouble. [don't have too many friends coming over at all hours messing with your parents' ****] I know how our Jamaican parents can be. I born an grow inna Mobay.
Show how u plan to help with insurance, upkeep and such. A job would go a long way towards that. If your dad is a buiness man, he may have been wanting u to get into the family business. Now might be a good time to discuss that also.
If you are planning to go the route of Doug Gore, Chippy Addison, David Summerbell, you know.........motor racing. Then that is a whole different kettle of fish.
I myself have loved the Lancer Evolution ever since the GSR's came to Jamaica in the early 90's. I would go to every race at Dover Raceway, Morelands, Ironshore etc. Now I live a little far away from the land of my birth but was finally able to afford my very on EVO.

Good luck and i hope i helped in some way.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

hey my jamaican friends wa gwan.. yeah thanks for your advice.. I am getting the turbocharged caldina sold for 31,000usd. I basically want my father to give me 22,000usd to buy the evo IX MR. He thinks the car is so fast that I Might kill my self. But any car can Kill you am I rite? Hey if Anybody is from jamaica can call me on my cell 3825191. I really want one. My dad has the Money. Very sad. I hope somebody out there can Back me up.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

D, u figet bout stratty and team mobay dog,lol. ironshore was always a nice track to drive when i had ma evo 3. bogwalk was always ma favorite stage though nah lie. yo for real moe, gi u fada a real talk and as the man dem say the car fast but it have the big brakes and bucket seats. yeah u can kill u self in it, but a nuff mini bus go off pressipiss simi? for all that dont know. aint too many "highways' in jamaica. everything is right hand dive (well 99%) and we drive on the left down there,lol. there are more evo's,pulsars, levins all years, gt starlets and sti than u can shake a stick at. skylines are in every model from base to gtr in every year. so the guys has a few options still. well anyway. hope u get u evo kid, ive had a few back home a 2,3 and i still have my 4 in the garage a barbican. so good luck mi breda. one love
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

i am so scared to ask him people.. i wish somebody could talk to him for me.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Well it has to make sense to him. Use your head bro. Good luck.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purevibez
D, u figet bout stratty and team mobay dog,lol. ironshore was always a nice track to drive when i had ma evo 3. bogwalk was always ma favorite stage though nah lie. yo for real moe, gi u fada a real talk and as the man dem say the car fast but it have the big brakes and bucket seats. yeah u can kill u self in it, but a nuff mini bus go off pressipiss simi? for all that dont know. aint too many "highways' in jamaica. everything is right hand dive (well 99%) and we drive on the left down there,lol. there are more evo's,pulsars, levins all years, gt starlets and sti than u can shake a stick at. skylines are in every model from base to gtr in every year. so the guys has a few options still. well anyway. hope u get u evo kid, ive had a few back home a 2,3 and i still have my 4 in the garage a barbican. so good luck mi breda. one love
My head hurts.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
My head hurts.
It does make for one hell of a mental image, lol.

Hey man, just be strong and tell him what you're gonna do to handle the situation responsibly. If you handle the situation in a mature way, he'll respond in a mature way. And don't lose the faith. One way or another you'll get one!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you are too scared to ask you'll never get it.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

i have posters all around my room and magazines on evolution in a corner of my room..My dream from a 5 yrs old boy and now 21 cant own one.. I guess I just have to dream everyday. thanks for your support guys, I wish you could know How I feel Right Now, Very sad just want to cry.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by moey124
hey my jamaican friends wa gwan.. yeah thanks for your advice.. I am getting the turbocharged caldina sold for 31,000usd. I basically want my father to give me 22,000usd to buy the evo IX MR. He thinks the car is so fast that I Might kill my self. But any car can Kill you am I rite? Hey if Anybody is from jamaica can call me on my cell 3825191. I really want one. My dad has the Money. Very sad. I hope somebody out there can Back me up.
31000usd should be enough to buy a used evo. Why would you need 53000usd to buy one? Thats ridiculous

Quick Reply: Help me with My Evo IX