Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ready to buy new Evo questions...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Evolution has been around for years prior to the introduction of the Lancer. . . So the Lancer is based off of the Evolution
Old Aug 7, 2003, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Hey I work in Gaithersburg, MD (but not at a Mitsu dealer). I'm considering one now as my next car too. It would be my only car and daily driver as well.
As soon as I've test driven one I'll know if I'm sold or not.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure you WILL. This car rocks !!!!!

Originally posted by JRock
As soon as I've test driven one I'll know if I'm sold or not.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me share my opinion,

I trade in my 99 4 door accord V6 for a brand new 2003 Evo 8. I think this is the best thing I ever done.

Sure, I do trade-off a lot of comfort and roomy space if I try to compare my old accord with the new Evo 8. But on the good side, I gain a lot of HP.

Evo 8 is a 'almost' perfect car. Brembo, Recaro, Momo, turbos... all those things that I have been thinking on getting for my old Accord. Instead of trying to build up my accord, I sold my idea on getting either a EVO 8 or STI.

Then, why not getting STI? The biggest killer is space. STI is less roomy than Evo 8. The other killer will be $3000 extra. STI is new and a lot of dealer force addon packages such as audio. Color also a killer too. Evo 8 have 6 colors. STI only have 3 colors.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by chinalfr
STI only have 3 colors.
Actually, four: white, black, silver, blue.

(I went with the Evo, in black, so that wasn't it.)
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

If you drive this car below 3k it behaves pretty much like 3500 lb car with a 2 ltr. engine but yes id does spool rather suddenly afeter that. I assume from your experiences that you will be able to work with this this no problem.

The really superb steering in the Evo should give excellent feed back and control on snow. It sure does when you put this bad girl in a full side at 120 or so. AYC would be great (GRRRRR) .

Personally, I KNOW how to drive on ice and snow; I drive on them as little, as slow, and as carefully as possible (cause for some reason my brakes don't seem to work well on these surfaces).