Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it really flywheel???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it really flywheel???

Yesterday I was driving my car kinda of hard... I just the TBE a week ago, and wanted to see how it's moving... I also had a lil race with R1.. I wasnt so far behind... Than I raced 06 MBW 335, won that one, and after the race hood smelled like never before... It was like someone burned 10 pounds or rubber right on top of the hood... The car is barely pulling when I'm starting from the rest, I need to hold on gas longer and it will not move unless it's above 2600 rpm...It feels like it wants to stall... Sometimes i forget about the smell, but it comes back when i start from the rest... It also smells inside the car, but not as bad as under the hood...I'm think it's flywheel.. and if it is how long will I be able to drive it like this, or will it go away soon... Soon, I will change the clutch and flywheel, and get the ACT street combo, but I cant do it now since I just bought BR TBE...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TBE and keeping up with an R1? RIIIIGHT. Also, you burnt the HELL out of your clutch. Learn to drive and stop racing people on the streets. Also clean up your grammar is it is horrible to understand. Thanks, I love you.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

TBE and keeping up with an R1? RIIIIGHT. Also, you burnt the HELL out of your clutch. Learn to drive and stop racing people on the streets. Also clean up your grammar is it is horrible to understand. Thanks, I love you.
I didnt say I was keeping up, just wasnt so far as I expected... I do know how to drive, it's just that the clutch is stock and has 51K miles on it.. It was it's time, with all kinds of driving it went through...
I just wanna know, how long will it keep up like this, will it eventually break down, or get back to normal if I baby it...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

"back to normal"???

LMAO

Never should have bought an Evo and beat the **** out of it if you don't have the money to fix your consequences...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mirebih
Yesterday I was driving my car kinda of hard... I just the TBE a week ago, and wanted to see how it's moving... I also had a lil race with R1.. I wasnt so far behind... Than I raced 06 MBW 335, won that one, and after the race hood smelled like never before... It was like someone burned 10 pounds or rubber right on top of the hood... The car is barely pulling when I'm starting from the rest, I need to hold on gas longer and it will not move unless it's above 2600 rpm...It feels like it wants to stall... Sometimes i forget about the smell, but it comes back when i start from the rest... It also smells inside the car, but not as bad as under the hood...I'm think it's flywheel.. and if it is how long will I be able to drive it like this, or will it go away soon... Soon, I will change the clutch and flywheel, and get the ACT street combo, but I cant do it now since I just bought BR TBE...
a r1? LMAO..you wouldnt even keep up at all...let alone see him after one gear... stay off the clutch and itll last a long time
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

HA. I think all Performance Car owners need to take auto tech class!

QUOTE=mirebih;5537234]Yesterday I was driving my car kinda of hard... I just the TBE a week ago, and wanted to see how it's moving... I also had a lil race with R1.. I wasnt so far behind... Than I raced 06 MBW 335, won that one, and after the race hood smelled like never before... It was like someone burned 10 pounds or rubber right on top of the hood... The car is barely pulling when I'm starting from the rest, I need to hold on gas longer and it will not move unless it's above 2600 rpm...It feels like it wants to stall... Sometimes i forget about the smell, but it comes back when i start from the rest... It also smells inside the car, but not as bad as under the hood...I'm think it's flywheel.. and if it is how long will I be able to drive it like this, or will it go away soon... Soon, I will change the clutch and flywheel, and get the ACT street combo, but I cant do it now since I just bought BR TBE...[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

it wasnt a race from dig, just some random rolls... maybe the driver wasnt even that good.. I dont know, all I know is that I did better than expected... and forget about that fact now, I'm not asking about the opinions on the race, I know what I did and I will pay for it...
But can someone answer just that question I had...What do you think on how long will it last... Just need a week or two, will i be able to make it... and would I mess up something else besides clutch and flywheel if i drive it like this???
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

You will send the flywheel through the bell housing through the firewall and slice you in half. The flywheel MAY or MAY not be stopped by the rear seats. Worse case scenario, it ends up in the bumper of the car behind you...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

you need a new clutch now. flywheel should be okay. resurface and reuse it. I wouldn't keep driving your car with current condition. It will do more damage.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by staatz

I drove on a bad one for a about three weeks while I gathered parts. I had to baby the hell out of it. I wouldn't recommend it since you'll never now when it'll give up on you.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

wow. street racing. i dont approve that. but anyway to answer you question, i believe it is your clutch. and it wont go back to normal.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

scrub ban for street racing and a r1 would rock ur **** buddy and get a tune dumb ***
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
okay that's enough of that flamefest

closed...