Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I Need Advice From Some Evo Guru's!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2003, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I Need Advice From Some Evo Guru's!!

Hey All,
I need some expert advice about my newly purchased Evo. The car was bought from Nagoya Japan and shipped 2 me here in Oz and i dont know much about it.

Its an RS (windup windows give it away) and it has a full rollcage and full underpans from nose to tail, it also came with a TRUST TD-06 20G turbo and some other bits and pieces!!

It has an EVO III Nose cone but an Evo I or II rear wing!? the chassis no. begins with CD9A? would it be an EVO I or II?? also, what would be a rough power output with this turbo and mods in mind?!? If u could give me any info at all it would be appreciated!

PS. EVOS RULE!!!
Attached Thumbnails I Need Advice From Some Evo Guru's!!-duggs-car.jpg  
Old Aug 6, 2003, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

woh! That looks like a cool car you got there!

I'm not sure there will be many people here who can help with ID'ing the car itself. But you never know! The members here are mostly US based....and the Evo VIII is the first Evo to land on our shores.

You may want to try your question over at www.lancerregister.com. They are UK based, and have a bit more experience regarding the previous Evo versions.

Good luck!

SC~
Old Aug 6, 2003, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Dude.. register at www.wheelsjamaica.com post this question in the mitsu forum. We have had the Evo since its inception.... plenty of experience with every model from the 1 to the viii. When you are there ask for Wrath or Wreckleford....

The Evo 1 & 2 share the CD9A chassis code.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Re: I Need Advice From Some Evo Guru's!!

Originally posted by DuggsEVO!
Hey All,
I need some expert advice about my newly purchased Evo. The car was bought from Nagoya Japan and shipped 2 me here in Oz and i dont know much about it.

Its an RS (windup windows give it away) and it has a full rollcage and full underpans from nose to tail, it also came with a TRUST TD-06 20G turbo and some other bits and pieces!!

It has an EVO III Nose cone but an Evo I or II rear wing!? the chassis no. begins with CD9A? would it be an EVO I or II?? also, what would be a rough power output with this turbo and mods in mind?!? If u could give me any info at all it would be appreciated!

PS. EVOS RULE!!!
Based on your description, you're most likely obtained an EVO I or II(CD9A). EVO III is in the CE9A chassis. Although most of the "major" parts are the same, the wheelbase on the CD9A chassis is shorter as compared to CE9A.

The seller/original seller might just slap on an EVO III nose to price the car higher. If you look at the rear wing, the EVO I wing should go straight on the trunk lid. ON the EVO II, there should be a small "deck" under the rear wing saying "EVOLUTION II).

I hope that answer your question.

EDIT: to get some info straight
Old Aug 6, 2003, 09:39 AM

man nice ride... with some clean up u could have a real beast there. I know Evo IIs came with 260hp from the factory, but I dont know much about the characteristics of that turbo on the Evo. What did you pay for that?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:09 PM

Its a Bit of a mess at the moment, but im getting some stainless intercooler pipes done for it, as all the standard piping was missing, the recaros were also taken, so i purchased two 2nd hand BRIDE seats from Japan, the Chassis no. is CD9A-0002929.
Cheers for your info.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

This should be a pretty good article for you to determine the actual model of your car.

http://www.lancerregister.com/art_evo1to3guide.php
Old Aug 8, 2003, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by jemm
Dude.. register at www.wheelsjamaica.com post this question in the mitsu forum. We have had the Evo since its inception.... plenty of experience with every model from the 1 to the viii. When you are there ask for Wrath or Wreckleford....

The Evo 1 & 2 share the CD9A chassis code.
I'm on here too

CD9As are all Evo Is. IIs and IIIs are CE9As.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 02:37 AM

Im also missing an Airflow Meter for the beast and i dont really want to upgrade to a full after market comp. such as a Motec or somethin like that!

As there is prob. only a hand full of Evo I's, II's or II's here in oz! is a GSR airflow meter the same? or would i need 2 get 1 from Japan? are there any nissan or other airflow meters that would work well? Z32??? PLZ HELP ME!!!
Old Aug 10, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

I really doubt the GSR airflow meter will work since the 4G93 turbo is a different family engine with smaller displacement.

Your best bet is the check the Lancer Register and this OZ/NZ GSR/EVO mailing group. Very friendly and helpful people

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gsr_evo/