Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Works brain dyno with a/f coming soon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sir lurks alot
I will try that trick tonight and get back to you guys. That would be awesome if this works. Then I can test before and after on 2 cars.
Did it work ?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I already dyno tested a works brain flash stock evo on the Pruven dyno last week - 259 wheel hp was the max with stock boost and 94 octane
Old Aug 7, 2003, 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

259 seems kinda low, these cars are making almost that stock, maybe it was the dyno? This is why we need a STOCK dyno, and then a flashed Dyno.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by soapsuds
Also, does the key transmit the code electrically or through a short-distance radio signal? I.e., could you use a duplicate key but keep the other car's key near the ignition switch to transmit the code?
Go back to my 2nd post on page 1. It's radio signal...some how.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by umiami80
259 seems kinda low, these cars are making almost that stock, maybe it was the dyno? This is why we need a STOCK dyno, and then a flashed Dyno.
Sounds about right to me.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by umiami80
This was on a hot summer humid day - on the sam dyno where bone stock evos dyno at 220 - 230 hp on much cooler sping days ! IMHO a 25 - 30 wheel hp gain without touching boost and with very safe a/f ratios is very good
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
This was on a hot summer humid day - on the sam dyno where bone stock evos dyno at 220 - 230 hp on much cooler sping days ! IMHO a 25 - 30 wheel hp gain without touching boost and with very safe a/f ratios is very good
Not only is it good, but it's exactly what Works said it would be.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mayhem

Not only is it good, but it's exactly what Works said it would be.
Most importantly - the customer is super happy with the results - loves the way his car drives and is very satisfied with his purchase
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

IMHO a 25 - 30 wheel hp gain without touching boost and with very safe a/f ratios is very good
Something else was touched though
It's too bad he needed to add an SAFC to get better driveability and better a/f ratio in the midrange.
Understandable though...you can't expect a mail order ecu reflash or chip to have the best a/f ratio for top performance and overall driveability considereing every Evo will be a little different.
Most importantly - the customer is super happy with the results - loves the way his car drives and is very satisfied with his purchase
Was he really happy before the SAFC though? If he was, I'm sure he wouldn't have put it on a dyno, bought an SAFC, and had it retuned. Just a thought.
BTW, was the boost curve changed at all? Since Works didn't want their boost logged when they were setting up the ground rules with Shiv I'm sure the boost curve must be at least altered. Does it hold boost longer without tapering?

I'm interested in the reflash for it's stealthiness...but I question it's true performance output.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

I got the the Works flash I had a bushur 3" turbo back at first with grounding kit, monster flat panel, and I put down a best 270hp at the wheel with 94 octane on an early June mid 60's 80% humidity. Ideal for a max power situation on a Mustang all wheel drive dyno. I sold off the Buschur and went with a different set up not that different still a turbo back nothing else changed. I went back to the dyno for Microsoft X-Box it was a free run. I came in exactly the same 270hp at the wheels I was pretty bummed but the tech told me the following. Before there was a dip in the power curve that was gone smooth all the way to redline. There is a higher rev limit which he never took advantage of and finally it was 98 degrees that day and like 30% humidity. Now the facts are the following low humidity will screw your A/F ratios period also that high heat will kill HP like nothing else so he was still surprised to see the car come in at those numbers so I am going to wait till things cool down again and go in to dyno at about the same conditions as my first run.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Let me clear it up the first run was with out the Works Flash. the second run was with the Works flash and a slightly diffrent turboback.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by BLKEVO8
Let me clear it up the first run was with out the Works Flash. the second run was with the Works flash and a slightly diffrent turboback.
Hey, guess what ? I have the Vishnu stage 0 plus and I work across the street from the awd dyno (Fame Automotive)... we can have our own "test" of the xede vs the Works re-flashed ECU, then post the results including a/f and boost levels on the board. What do you think ? I'm sure a lot of people will be very interested with the outcome.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jman425
Hey, guess what ? I have the Vishnu stage 0 plus and I work across the street from the awd dyno (Fame Automotive)... we can have our own "test" of the xede vs the Works re-flashed ECU, then post the results including a/f and boost levels on the board. What do you think ? I'm sure a lot of people will be very interested with the outcome.
Do it !
Old Aug 8, 2003, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by broeli
If he was, I'm sure he wouldn't have put it on a dyno, bought an SAFC, and had it retuned. Just a thought.

I'm interested in the reflash for it's stealthiness...but I question it's true performance output.
Can't really tell what you're getting at in the post, but it sounds like the guy just bought an SAFC then put it on the dyno to tune, which is exactly what you're supposed to do. But with or without the SAFC, the idea Works put into the A/F maps was to be SAFE. If it's a little fat in the mid section then it's safe. But that's just my opinion.

The last sentence I definately don't understand. What do you mean you question it's true performance output? Look at the dynos.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SILVER SURFER
I will be going too McKinney sometimes next month too FIS to get some items install and put my car back on the Dyno. If possible we can hook up at FIS and pull my Ecu and put in yours.

Sent you a pm .

Quick Reply: Works brain dyno with a/f coming soon