Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

*Need Some Help, About To Buy*

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Need Some Help, About To Buy*

Hey guys, today I found a:

2005 EVO VIII GSR Electric Blue
-21000 Miles
-SSL Package
-Fully Stock
-Perfect condition no scraps dings or anything

I am wondering if I should purchase it, price being 24,900. Carfax came up fine and everything checked out ok. If I do buy it (most likely will unless something goes wrong) I want to know a place to get it inspected ASAP right before purchase or after purchase so that I know for sure about the cars history. The service and maintainence is all on the carfax record as well.

Should I take it to South Coast, for the inspection, because it was serviced at Glendale until its last service which was at South Coast, then it went to a whole sale owner who I am dealing with right now.

Thanks,

-Will
Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a nice deal! good luck with the purchase!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a square deal. Don't take it to anyone you don't personally trust. But otherwise, your description of it's condition appears to be ideal. Rock on.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I am shaking I am so happy right now, would a dealer be a good place to take the car to get it tested for boost leaks and a good inspection?

Thanks,

-Will
Old Apr 16, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Hey I just got an 05 with SSL also. Mine is mint as well and I ended up paying 24,500. Mine has 29,000 miles though. If you like the way it looks I would say go for it because these cars are the ****.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

that sounds like a really good deal, just give it a thorough inspection before making the commitment.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i got my 05 gsr, no ssl, 8,200mi., in 06 for 26,995. i think thats a pretty good deal. i checked blue book on mine and (36000 mi.) and it said retail would be about 24,000. with the ssl, you would be doin ok!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, I went and looked at it again and noticed a tube, just chilling by that white tank and the cover for the electronics on the right side (driver side) by the headlight. This was just some random tube not connected in both places and we just lightly pulled it out, wasn't attached to anything, so I don't know what is up with that. Probably 1.5-2ft in length.

Also the tube coming from the diverter valve that runs as a hardline across the top of the head for a little then turns into a soft coupler, then to hard piping again was cut. Could definitely hear a hissing at idle coming from the suction there (was idling a little rough). We added some tube right in and it was a-ok on a test drive.

I did notice that the car sounded a little loud (gushing air) and when peak boost hit, sounded like a major boost leak without loosing boost (from feel, no guage). Looked under the car, near the exhaust and found this:

The exhaust is held apart by two nuts, so no biggie, car actually sounds good while retaining stock appearance, but I would fix that the first 10min I own the car. These little "problems" all sound very minor, and the car was re-inspected for wrenching on nuts and there was none at all. I also checked the VIN at South Coast and every maintainence interval was followed to a tee and nothing other than the regular service was done, except for an alignment.

I am going to test drive it tomorrow and if everything goes as planned I will have to say bye bye to this:

-Will
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that seems like a good deal, you'll love it!