Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What other cars are comparable to the Evo IX's overall performance?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't beat awd and turbo!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:04 PM

Evo X FTW!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how about a infinity g35 with the twin turbo kit, 450hp.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 01:19 PM

I hate how people use "drag" to compare car a to car b.

Take Car A, Take Car B. go to leguna seca or any course with turns (left and right) and see how it performs.

EVO Wins.

Dollar for Dollar. best car out there. ...........well excluding that one car called GTR!!! but for under 30,000 bucks. I'll take the EVO every time.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dammit Cubs

Take Car A, Take Car B. go to leguna seca or any course with turns (left and right) and see how it performs.

EVO Wins.

Dollar for Dollar. best car out there. ...........well excluding that one car called GTR!!! but for under 30,000 bucks. I'll take the EVO every time.
Agreed, I think people should take more than just track performance into account though. The evo is fun AND practical AND reliable. How often do you have all 3 of those things in one vehicle? Plus it makes a good drag car too
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Got grip? got traction? guess muscle cars dont have an edge on tracks except on straights, an evo, sti and civic type-r are the cars I would enjoy driving mostly, and when things get rough on the street I had previous experience that cars like these can save your life. cars are literally engineered to perform, not designed to just look good and shoved with a large engine.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:48 PM

I bought my C6 a couple of months ago and love it! The Evo and the C6 are two totally different animals. But I do favor the Vette over my IX. And I bought it for 29,500. Just 2K more than I paid for my IX six months ago.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _EVOlved_
Hey everyone...

I was doing some thinking. We all know that the Evolution 9 is a beast of a car, especially with modding. I had one for awhile and am ready to move on to another car. I cannot figure out what car will be able to replace it to its standards though. I have a simple question that I cannot find the answer to:

Are there any cars out there in general that can compete with a modded (or stock I guess ) IX in acceleration and handling (especially acceleration)?

Obviously there are cars that can, but I am talking within its price range. Thousands more is still acceptable, but Im not talking about tens and tens of thousands more. I just can't figure out anything that is comparable that I like.

Thanks!

PS - I was thinking about a WRX/STi but it isnt as much as a beast of a car. I was also thinking about an Elise but the thing just doesnt have any ***** in a straight line. Nothing has convinced me yet. Need more ideas...
How about an EVOLUTION X?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DSM GSR04
C5 vette with a cam, exh, int, and a tune will smoke an evo all day that doesnt have a turbo swap.
So they run high to mid 11's? with just those mods?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Precision
I bought my C6 a couple of months ago and love it! The Evo and the C6 are two totally different animals. But I do favor the Vette over my IX. And I bought it for 29,500. Just 2K more than I paid for my IX six months ago.
Wow, now that's a great find for the money!!!!!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The new E92 M3
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

The EVO is a versatile car. Unless you go wild when upgrading your engine/suspension there are very few cars out there that would deliver excitement, pleasure and driveability as well as the EVO.

I have had V8 cars in the past and personally enjoy driving a car with loads of torque; however none as flexible or safe as the EVO.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 06:25 PM

RX7 FD, modded. You should have to pass an owners test to purchase one, though...
Old Apr 16, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lotus

Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dammit Cubs

EVO Wins.

TRUE BUT many people don't know or are located near autox's or can afford memberships.

compared to a night at the strip =25$ in most areas

Quick Reply: What other cars are comparable to the Evo IX's overall performance?