Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recall Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recall Question

I'm going in on friday to get my recall issue fixed with the wiring harness for the ecu. I read that all the work is done under the car. Is this true? If not, should I pull out my S-afc II which is connected to my ecu with the wire harness from Z-1? I don't want the dealership to see it when they go behind the glovebox. Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:50 AM

Just to be safe, I'd yank all my aftermarket stuff just to avoid the possibility.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

What are you other people doing who have tapped into the stock harness?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I dont think they would pay attention unless it was a warranty issue would they?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SilverEvo8owner
I dont think they would pay attention unless it was a warranty issue would they?
I agree. Also, they cannot deny a recal fix if you have after market goodies. Your mods have nothing to do with it. Yeah, they may, may something something, but I would say, "just fix the recall already."

I also had to add, the may make a note of your car having mods so when the next time, if it ever happens, you bring it in for a break you did with you mods, they'll bring that **** up quick. Then again some may not give a ****. Ricart loved what I did and encouraged me to keep going. Thay wanted to see how much power I could get out of it.

Last edited by stvbreal; Aug 7, 2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Is it even necessary to go behind the glovebox for the recall?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by midwestmonster
Is it even necessary to go behind the glovebox for the recall?
All I think they are going to do is look for corosion, if none there then empty a bottle of Goop on it.

No, honestly. If your wires look like they are getting bad they will yank them and replace them. If you have SAFC, gotta rewire, and explain what all that splicing is.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

You might not have a recall on your car

Call your dealer and ask him to run your VIN and see if there are any outstanding recalls before you panic and do a lot of unneccesary stuff on your car. I checked and there is no recall on mine.

Or you could call Mitsubishi and let them run the VIN.

The NHTSA website says the recall applies to the Outlander. I do not claim to have the total picture on this subject but I personally checked on my car and there is no recall on it.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, you are right, it does include the outlander too. What the recall is for is....the seal at the welds under the car where you would jack the car up....small breaks in that weld or seal can occur and allow moisture to get up in the floor boards. Also there is a issue with a seal or weld by the firewall this allowing moisture to enter the car.