Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i must be special cuz i own a evo.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evos rock! let haters be jealous!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Do you guys really think that writing letters and complaining to his station is the right answer? Seriously, get the sand out of your vaginas. This guy wasn't jealous or hating or trying to get the OP to fight him so that he could shoot him or anything like that. He was just using one of the tools in his box to get the guy to come back down to earth and stop speeding. At the time, it probably made a lot of sense to the cop. "There's no need to write this guy a ticket, I'll just talk down to him a bit since he's driving a nicely powered car - remind him that he's not above the law." Once he started down the road of scolding, he stayed the course and didn't change his perception of the driver (showing weakness).

I can see it now. Captain of the police station says: We got a complaint about how you guys have been talking down to motorists that were breaking the law. Copies weren't just sent to the station, they were also sent to the media and to the city officials. From now on, this is the station's policy. Don't pull people over and scold them. Just write them a ticket and send them on their merry way.

You guys are douche bags for even thinking that writing letters to people about this would be a good solution.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:05 PM

^ i sorta agree with that cuz if u complain, he'll probably just regret not writing you up. i mean, i dont think its right at all what he did but u cant change people
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

s

Originally Posted by Liqquid
It doesn't sound like he gave you a ticket then?

If not, that's actually pretty funny looking back on it, maybe he was just jealous... I mean what kind of cop knows its called "evo" instead of lancer blahblah.. seriously cops around here think I put nice wheels on a 4 door
This cop knows what an Evo is. Just because someone chooses to enforce the law for a living instead of doing something that could result in easily twice the income, it doesn't mean that they are oblivious to motorsports.

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
the only and ONLY reason he didn't give you a ticket is because his *** would get fired because he harrassed you. He knew that if he didn't give you a ticket you would not file a formal complaint. He is jealous of you and wanted to abuse his power to make himself feel better by talking down to you. It was either that or do his job and give you something that he new would not affect you one bit really, but he would still be left feeling all hot and mad and jealous without any form of relasease of it
Next time if a cop starts to say that, say you better shut up because I got a recorder on and you dont want to loose your job now do ya.
Ever watch the show cops? Most of that footage of traffic stops is from the onboard cameras we have, which also have a wireless mic on our person. He was let off with a verbal warning. Key words being "let off". The officer was simply trying to make a lasting impression, yet still not make you take a hit in your check book. You may have caught him at a bad time, but you still showed him respect and that is more than likely why you got a verbal. Also guaranteed if anyone ever threatens a cop like that...a stern briefing is going to be the least of their concerns. Just be polite and professional; most times you will get off.

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Do you guys really think that writing letters and complaining to his station is the right answer? Seriously, get the sand out of your vaginas. This guy wasn't jealous or hating or trying to get the OP to fight him so that he could shoot him or anything like that. He was just using one of the tools in his box to get the guy to come back down to earth and stop speeding. At the time, it probably made a lot of sense to the cop. "There's no need to write this guy a ticket, I'll just talk down to him a bit since he's driving a nicely powered car - remind him that he's not above the law." Once he started down the road of scolding, he stayed the course and didn't change his perception of the driver (showing weakness).

I can see it now. Captain of the police station says: We got a complaint about how you guys have been talking down to motorists that were breaking the law. Copies weren't just sent to the station, they were also sent to the media and to the city officials. From now on, this is the station's policy. Don't pull people over and scold them. Just write them a ticket and send them on their merry way.

You guys are douche bags for even thinking that writing letters to people about this would be a good solution.
Our Chief actually did say that last year. People were complaining for getting "briefed" for almost hitting other people or speeding through areas with children or other pedestrians. So instead of giving out mostly verbals, we gave out just tickets. Seems people don't like that either. Go figure! If you are going to break the law, then be prepared for the consequences. Be professional, usually the officer is looking for something more severe than the reason he pulled you over; i.e. DUI, drugs, etc. Hell, if I am not paying attention and get pulled over and get a ticket, then I pry deserve it. Also, to those of you that hate cops: I pray for you and your friends/family that a day in your lives never comes where you need the aide of us that you hate, for then you would be a hypocrit.

As an officer, I do hate writing people tickets since I hate getting them myself; however, most people are just plain disrespectful. If you disrespect me, why should I be nice to you? Same goes with the food industry...why would you be an *** to someone who has control over something that you are going to eat? Doesnt make any sense.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by DonHugo
I would have called him on it.

Hey I understand that I may have fractured a traffic law. I appreciate that you are enforcing the law for the greater good of the people of this state. I am clearly in the wrong. That being said, I would appreciate it if you didn't act like a pre-menstral teenage girl who hasn't had her midol this morning. And what difference does it make that I drive an evo? Would you give the same hassle to the owner of a Camry? I would think not. Go write your ticket and enjoy your paperwork on my behalf, here's a dollar, go get a donut and calm the F down.
I think I just pissed my pants!!

That's hilarious but I don't think I would've had the guts to say it......
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ModGod

only chuck norris would have the guts...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ModGod

You should, it's not like people don't talk down to them all day and insult them at every turn of the road. . Well, maybe not in some golden gate communities but those that have any crime element the officers are more than used to it and it slides off their back.

I was at an event Saturday in a fairly affluent suburb of Chicago where the cops showed up and had about 200 people insulting them at once and you could really tell that the officers responding deeply cared what people thought. . . Right before they started writing them all for whatever vehicle infractions they could.