Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sale questions

I too, seem to go through a lot of cars. Keep em a while then I want something new.

Was the car hard to sell? Private buyer or dealer? Finally if it's not too personal... how much did you get for it?
Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Soooo what are you driving right now?

What's not fun about AWD? I just went Auto-Xing in pouring rain last weekend. I loved the rush of flooring it out of a turn while the RWD cars were tip toeing around those turns.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

I had an S2000 and it was fun. Another guy here I talked to (IS2000) and I both agreed that the ideal garage would be the Evo and the S2K.

I have to say, after driving through what seemed like sheets of rain in Tennessee yesterday, that AWD will be a friend for life. In any other car, I would have **** myself, but the Evo just kept plowing. Keep in mind that I still have the stock tires, too. I was very impressed with their water evacuation.

Back on topic - Anyone who buys an Evo has to know it's not for everyone. It really isn't as "hardcore" as people make it out to be. It is just a fast, decontented Audi A4. I love it for that - I don't care if the door handles are hydraulically damped or not. I love to listen to that spool and feel those tires grab in the twisties...

Good luck with whatever you end up with Czar.

P.S. Don't buy a Cobra - I had one (a '93) and had it in for warranty probably 10 times in 36,000 miles. And that was with the 5.0 motor which was tried and tested.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

It's all good, everyone has their right to their opinion about the Evo. But think of it this way, if 1/10 people don't like the car that much, that is still very good.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Czar
S2000 would be nice, but it's too heavy for its engine (at least to me) . It needs to lose 600lbs. And i couldnt fit in it anyway.

I figure, if a "sports" car is going to weigh over 3000lbs, it needs to make close to 500bhp to be really fun.
s2000 weighs around 2700lbs. Now just lose enough weight to fit in it and you're set.

And yes, lots of Mustangs have issues straight off the showroom floor. There's an article floating around about a guy who bought a new Cobra and it came with a crooked frame. They tried for weeks to align the damn thing at the dealership before they realized it was a messed up frame.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:22 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Czar wants something like the cobra R if he roads. I dont' understand how would a car with 13:1 steering ratio not be fun? Do you really have an evo? I'm sorry its just hard for me to believe for someone saying that with racing experence. If the evo is too easy for you to drive why not take up rallying
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

I beg to differ about the best AWD car between 30k to 40k. Brand new, sure.. but, I'd come close to saying the S4 is better overall. *shrugs*
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

The new S4 is 50K to start. Also it's a pig - check out SCC's latest article about it...
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

I'm talking about the old S4. Guess I should've been more specific.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how bout this ... I hear it packs a punch
Attached Images  
Old Aug 8, 2003, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Good one!! LOL
Old Aug 8, 2003, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Jonasan50
S2000 would be nice, but it's too heavy for its engine (at least to me) . It needs to lose 600lbs. And i couldnt fit in it anyway.

Ok, so you have a CRX, but can't fit into an S2000? Dude you are making no sense at all... And if you think the CRX is fun to drive, then you evidentally haven't been to a road course in the EVO... You think you're going fast now in the CRX, you shoulda had the EVO on the track, then you'd see some good speed!! Also, you don't need 500bhp in an AWD car.. A good 350 to AWD would rip a lot of cars anywhere... Just my .02.. Bummed that you don't have the EVO no more...

The CRX does have more leg room that the S2000. I have the same problem getting into one.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... either the RX-8 or u could wait for the next Supra Sorry it didn't work out .... but man ... I can't seem to stay out of mine even after 8K on the od.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 07:46 PM

It took about 6 weeks to sell the Evo (Sold it for $27k). Guy flew in from up in seattle (i'm in the SF bay area). This was yesterday...

My CRX has a fixed racing seat, set back about 5 inches (i'm 6'4") and i just have enough room and the seat is all the way on the floor. It aint a "daily driver". My friend had a S2000 and i could barely sit in the passenger seat! My legs just couldnt fit right. Believe me, its not good being tall if your into cars, as your limited to what you can fit into.

I think i'm more into naturally aspirated powered cars nowadays, as i like the throttle response and feel much more than turbo cars. I think i got spoiled when i owned an early 911 (1970) with a RS spec motor. It only made 210bhp or so, but nothing, and i mean nothing, sounded as good as that 2.7 litre flat-six at 7000rpm. Plus, it weighed about 1000lbs less than the Evo, and you could feel every little thing the car was doing when you were really going for it. You just cant replicate the lack of weight, no matter how good your steering ratio is. Even the new Porsches are bloated, even though they make decent power.

The Evo is a great car, and does everthing well. But it just seems to me that anyone can get in it and drive fast ( on a track...) right away. I guess i just never had a AWD car before, and i had to see if it was for me. It aint for me, but if you got one, enjoy it guys...
Old Aug 9, 2003, 09:10 AM

Two words would have fixed your - it's boring - thoughts - - -

Gravel Tires!

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo....