Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lotus elise?

All i can think of..
Old Aug 9, 2003, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Czar
The Evo is a great car, and does everthing well. But it just seems to me that anyone can get in it and drive fast ( on a track...) right away.
Isn't this a good thing It can't possibly that one individual can't be a better driver than the next guy in an evo ...
Old Aug 9, 2003, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by evo1

Isn't this a good thing It can't possibly that one individual can't be a better driver than the next guy in an evo ...
Well, that's the very cool and nice thing about the EVO. It's a brilliant car I guess if a person does not like the fact that the EVO is just a fantastically forgiving car and makes almost anybody look good on the road, I'd guess I'll have to agree... If you want something more "challenging" to drive, go ahead and get one... I'd say an older 911 or any British roadster will do . Of course, if you really want to be scared sh*tless, why not just drive something like a Cavalier or better yet, a 10 year old Buick whatever in the twisties There's your real challenge!

For me, no thank you.... I'll keep the EVO, I had the chance to drive it spiritedly the other day and it is absolutely fantastic. If you find precision, handling, great brakes and lots of power w/AWD to be a negative point, then by all means get rid of your EVO as fast as you can....
Old Aug 9, 2003, 03:11 PM

Well I guess the EVO is not for everyone. Good luck on picking a new car that will meet your expectations. cheers
Old Aug 9, 2003, 04:38 PM
DGS
Evolving Member

Well, if you're looking for a lightweight RWD normal breather that's a challenge to drive, try an old Alfa Spider.

The Alfa doesn't let you get away with anything. The (relatively) narrow tires scream if you take a bad line through the turn, the car will sidestep if you get the power wrong, etc.

And it's pretty -- at least, in the opinion of an old guy whose been driving Farina coachwork for the last 25 years.

Last edited by DGS; Aug 9, 2003 at 04:41 PM.