Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold the Evo....

Well, the Evo is gone.

Guy flew in from Seattle (to SF) and drove it back today. It was a good car, but after driving it for a few months, i realized it wasn't quite the car for me. Sure, it did everything well (more than well actually..), but it wasn't a car that would make me get up early on a sunday and go for a drive.

I think most people will love the Evo, as its a great car. But the AWD is not for me. It seems to dull the challenge of driving for me. Its fun, for sure, but just not fun enough.....
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

soooooooooo... what you gonna get in place of it...?

i guess you're a RWD man...?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:10 PM
Account Disabled

Prolly a Civic..........LMAO
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

nothing wrong with a Civic as long as it's tasteful... more times than i care to mention they are riced out POS's though...
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:23 PM

Not sure what you're going to get, but no other 4 door for $30k-$40k is as much fun to drive as the Evo. Closest thing would be an STi or pre-owned E36 M3 sedan.

I even think the Evo is more entertaining than the 350Z.

The next fun car that comes to mind is the S2k.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

I even think the Evo is more entertaining than the 350Z.
no question about that one...
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

how much you sell it for?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:03 PM

Re: Sold the Evo....

Originally posted by Czar
Well, the Evo is gone.

It was a good car, but after driving it for a few months, i realized it wasn't quite the car for me. Sure, it did everything well (more than well actually..), but it wasn't a car that would make me get up early on a sunday and go for a drive.

I think most people will love the Evo, as its a great car. But the AWD is not for me. It seems to dull the challenge of driving for me. Its fun, for sure, but just not fun enough.....
Yep, drive a AWD is different from FWD or RWD. Someone might not like it.
However, if it is fun to drive, why do you get ride of it?

Is it because of the power? Or because it's just too much tough rides? Give us more detail.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:27 PM
In Timeout

you will miss it!
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:27 PM

I see him buying something like a rear wheel drive convertible, like the S2K. Nothing beats a refined convertible on a beautiful Sunday morning.

But on those wet, rainy days, break out the all-wheel-drive turbo machine...EVO baby!
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

it's not my kinda car.. but if you're into rwd, perhaps checkout an '03 cobra..

crazy rwd car that responds even crazier to small mods!

this car supposedly has $900 in mods! http://www.mrx7.com/broke7/Movies/1144.WMV
Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:04 AM

Yeah, i guess RWD is my preferance, even though i've held onto my 88 CRX for 7 years (longest car i've owned..). Go figure.

But see, the CRX is really light (1940lbs) and i've put lotsa time and $$$ into it over the years. And no, it's not "riced" out. Its mainly setup for the road course (and not one damn sticker either..) With almost 200bhp and such light weight, well, its just really fun to drive fast on a tight and twisty road or road course. And i'm not really a Honda fan, i just like my CRX. Now if it was only RWD, it'd be perfect.....

S2000 would be nice, but it's too heavy for its engine (at least to me) . It needs to lose 600lbs. And i couldnt fit in it anyway.

I figure, if a "sports" car is going to weigh over 3000lbs, it needs to make close to 500bhp to be really fun.

I thought about the '03 Cobra, but i wonder about the longevity of it when making over 500bhp (and it is a bit too porky..)

As for the Evo, i really dont miss it. Dont know why. I just dont.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:14 AM

Oh man you had an Evo 8 and you sold it?? Im in the market for an Evo right now. I think you would have fun in my 300zx Twin Turbo at stage 3. 400hp! T-tops! Im looking for an AWD car for the roads out here in NY and NJ. Winter is murder. Z is not practical enough for me out here. I put alot of work into her tho. Check out my page on cardomain.com
http://www.cardomain.com/id/illmaticz
anyone want to trade let me know!
Old Aug 8, 2003, 01:11 AM

get a rx-8 bro. go test drive one
Old Aug 8, 2003, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

S2000 would be nice, but it's too heavy for its engine (at least to me) . It needs to lose 600lbs. And i couldnt fit in it anyway.

Ok, so you have a CRX, but can't fit into an S2000? Dude you are making no sense at all... And if you think the CRX is fun to drive, then you evidentally haven't been to a road course in the EVO... You think you're going fast now in the CRX, you shoulda had the EVO on the track, then you'd see some good speed!! Also, you don't need 500bhp in an AWD car.. A good 350 to AWD would rip a lot of cars anywhere... Just my .02.. Bummed that you don't have the EVO no more...

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo....