Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CF IX Ebay Lips?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question CF IX Ebay Lips?

Anyone have experience with either of these lips?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks.

-Dave
Old Apr 27, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

not speaking out of experience since i only buy name brand parts off ebay but i would just be cautious...if you do buy these, do not be surprised if the fitment is ****e
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont settle for ebay parts man....u got a $30000 car dont put junk parts on it..... there are plenty of other companies that make a cf lip jus search around
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
dont settle for ebay parts man....u got a $30000 car dont put junk parts on it..... there are plenty of other companies that make a cf lip jus search around
I am seriously sick and tired of hearing people say this. He asked for an opinion from somebody that has bought and or experienced the product first hand. Who cares if its a 30k dollar car? Some people like to save money and not waste it on a "Name"

Its no different than buying an off brand can of corn at the grocery store, 90% of the time its made in the same damn place. Taste the same and is half the price!
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

hey thanks for the find, I have been looking for bayson r lips for the 9 on ebay forever and never found them.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

def gonna be picking one of these up this week for sure.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by edardnaekim
hey thanks for the find, I have been looking for bayson r lips for the 9 on ebay forever and never found them.
my friend has the baysonr lip and it looks really good. the lip came with predrilled holes, something you probably want to ask the ebay vendors about when browsing
Old Apr 27, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

$150 for shipping is insane. A lip weighs nothing. It might be a good product cause they make all there money on shipping
Old Apr 27, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 596736
$150 for shipping is insane. A lip weighs nothing. It might be a good product cause they make all there money on shipping
they do that so they can have a 'lower buy it now' price. visual stimulation
Old Apr 27, 2008, 08:52 PM

ebay ftw
Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CULVIIIER
I am seriously sick and tired of hearing people say this. He asked for an opinion from somebody that has bought and or experienced the product first hand. Who cares if its a 30k dollar car? Some people like to save money and not waste it on a "Name"

Its no different than buying an off brand can of corn at the grocery store, 90% of the time its made in the same damn place. Taste the same and is half the price!
Thanks very much! Its just a lip so the name brand, to me, is irrelevant. I have a Streetconcepts R1 lip that has been though hell and back. Been repaired and painted several times. This lip that I am looking for is going on my girls IX, and she definetly couldn't care less.

The only other lip that I would consider paying a little extra would be the APR.

And thanks to the rest of you that posted positive and informative remarks.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres a reason that cf lip only costs $250....
you get what you pay for, when you buy cheap crap, you will find out

i wouldnt be surprised if the lip doesnt fit well, doesnt have a good weave or the clear coats starts getting cloudy real soon
Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 I try to save money by going to eBay to get my parts some of the times
Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:42 PM

generally speaking, I agree that you shouldnt cheap out on ebay parts, but i have the ebay lip from baysonr (seller name on ebay) and fitment is 8/10. For something that will be getting beat up often from debris, speed bumps and driveways, its MORE than good enough quality and fitment. it attaches with self tapping screws and requires no drilling. all you do is remove the stock lip, throw this one on.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

i love when people give their opinions not based on their own experiences, instead on stereotyping ebay as crap.

Quick Reply: CF IX Ebay Lips?