Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much $$$ for 330-350whp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2003, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much $$$ for 330-350whp

Hello All,

This is one of my first posts here but I been browsing this stire for some time. I come from honda-tech to the EVO forums cause I sold my ITR for the EVO. Main reasons I sold her is because of AWD and ease of tuning. Now I know what I want and wanna know how much its gonna cost (estimate). I'm used to using the best parts and most proven parts to mod cause if your gonna do it do it right the first time (took me some time to figure that out). I used all MUGEN, TODA, JUN, EXEDY, ATS etc... parts on my itr and I'm not settling for anything less (like custom built exhausts that are not vechile specific). This is what I wanna know how much cash for 330-350 reliable whp and what are the best or best proven parts to use?

Please include EVERYTHING, I started thinking something like this:

Suspension: JIC or Buddy Club coilovers
Wheels: Volk CE-28n's (18.5 with a 30mm offset)
Trans: Perrin short shifter
Clutch: Exedy twin disk or ATS carbon (if it comes out)

Now for the engine and such I have no idea cause I'm only used to dealing with honda's. Can you please help me out guys. I'm not a total idiot so I can install MOST things myself useless its crazy like the clutch install so labor isn't that big a deal. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:01 PM

Re: How much $$$ for 330-350whp

Originally posted by Hooptie157
Hello All,

This is one of my first posts here but I been browsing this stire for some time. I come from honda-tech to the EVO forums cause I sold my ITR for the EVO. Main reasons I sold her is because of AWD and ease of tuning. Now I know what I want and wanna know how much its gonna cost (estimate). I'm used to using the best parts and most proven parts to mod cause if your gonna do it do it right the first time (took me some time to figure that out). I used all MUGEN, TODA, JUN, EXEDY, ATS etc... parts on my itr and I'm not settling for anything less (like custom built exhausts that are not vechile specific). This is what I wanna know how much cash for 330-350 reliable whp and what are the best or best proven parts to use?

Please include EVERYTHING, I started thinking something like this:

Suspension: JIC or Buddy Club coilovers
Wheels: Volk CE-28n's (18.5 with a 30mm offset)
Trans: Perrin short shifter
Clutch: Exedy twin disk or ATS carbon (if it comes out)

Now for the engine and such I have no idea cause I'm only used to dealing with honda's. Can you please help me out guys. I'm not a total idiot so I can install MOST things myself useless its crazy like the clutch install so labor isn't that big a deal. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
so you want to go fast or look fast???
suspension, and wheels wont help with speed really
look into turbo kits, im getting greddy 20g (~450hp)
hks clutch and thats it. Dont bother with short shifters, air intakes and other crap they are selling these days.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

i say you should look into a turbo upgrade, and all the usual bolt ons (exaust, MBC, BOV,) and with a new turbo you would probably need to upgrade the fuel system (fuel pump, injectores, maybe fuel rail). I would also suggest cams. You should talk to alfred about this, he has 450 whp these days, and should be able to tell you the basics to big whp.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, don’t look into suspension? Keeping all that power is key to getting the right performance. That is like saying Ralliart keeps a stock suspension for their WRC cars. Suspension should never be overlooked. This is for handling, performance, and SAFETY when creating more power.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Our entire Stage One package is just under $2100. We made 343.9 hp to the wheels on a dynojet 2WD dyno. The car has run 12.42 at 111 mph. This is with no cams, no porting, stock turbo, manifold, 02 housing and intercooler. This was also done on 94 octane pump gas.

We are currently working on a manifold, turbo, 02 housing and front mount intercooler upgrades.

You can check us out and the parts at www.buschurracing.com

Thanks,

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by YellwTyper
Lol, don’t look into suspension? Keeping all that power is key to getting the right performance. That is like saying Ralliart keeps a stock suspension for their WRC cars. Suspension should never be overlooked. This is for handling, performance, and SAFETY when creating more power.
um you need to see that top gear evo8 video
stock evo suspension is just awesome, why would anybody want to change anything.
its the last thing anybody here should focus on
Old Aug 9, 2003, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

True.. The EVO's suspension is perfect for road use... Now if you want to go off-road rallying, then that's different... But the current susp is just fine for upgrading the power...
Old Aug 9, 2003, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey hooptie157,

I met you a while back at an R-Speed meet. I'm the guy with the red GSR with spoon wheels.....

i just sold my GSR a wjhile back and hope to get an EVO someday soon.

My buddy just picked up a white EVO about 2 months ago also...Good luck with the car.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by davidbuschur
Our entire Stage One package is just under $2100. We made 343.9 hp to the wheels on a dynojet 2WD dyno. The car has run 12.42 at 111 mph. This is with no cams, no porting, stock turbo, manifold, 02 housing and intercooler. This was also done on 94 octane pump gas.

We are currently working on a manifold, turbo, 02 housing and front mount intercooler upgrades.

You can check us out and the parts at www.buschurracing.com

Thanks,

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.
David I'm alittle confused. On your website it says stage 1 is putting out 256.2 who, where are you getting 343whp???? Can you please tell me what other mods are needed to get this whp that are not listed on your site? Also for the people asking why I had suspension on the list. I put it there cause I'm looking for the COMPLETE package. The stock suspension is great but I'm looking for something with less roll, more predictability and more range of adjustment. David please respond to what is needed for 343 or more whp. I'm also down to be a test bed for the stage 2 package whenever its ready (this is for my STREET driven evo)
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

My reply posted twice. I deleted this one.

Last edited by Hooptie157; Aug 11, 2003 at 08:32 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Hooptie, welcome to the site. You'll find that lots of us came over from the Honda-tech's ITR boards.

This car is very similar to the ITR's in that it is highly recommended that you buy and enjoy the car for a while before making any mods.

btw, A stock Evo is A LOT faster than a stock ITR.

SC~ aka Cheeseman at Honda-tech...
Old Aug 11, 2003, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hooptie157

David I'm alittle confused. On your website it says stage 1 is putting out 256.2 who, where are you getting 343whp???? Can you please tell me what other mods are needed to get this whp that are not listed on your site? Also for the people asking why I had suspension on the list. I put it there cause I'm looking for the COMPLETE package. The stock suspension is great but I'm looking for something with less roll, more predictability and more range of adjustment. David please respond to what is needed for 343 or more whp. I'm also down to be a test bed for the stage 2 package whenever its ready (this is for my STREET driven evo)
Dude, that 256.2 WHP is STOCK. Look at the dyno sheet again.

Josh
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Are those typical figures?

I'm getting 150Kw (Roughly 200hp) at the wheels from my Evo VI. It's only running 16psi though. I get the feeling that the VIs put out a lot less boost/power than the VIIIs.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blackevo2001

um you need to see that top gear evo8 video
stock evo suspension is just awesome, why would anybody want to change anything.
its the last thing anybody here should focus on
While it's true that suspension upgrade probably isn't a necessary, but you have to remember the top gear evo viii was also not a US Spec Evo, it has AYC and all the computer goodies to enhance its handling ability.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 09:00 PM
In Timeout

plus dont u want yo baby slammed =P... seba dont bother looking into shortshifter...? i personally think some of the throws are too damn long... i think it will make a damn noticable diff racin...

Quick Reply: How much $$$ for 330-350whp