Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help Please Boost Leak

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Please Boost Leak

Ok i setup the car for testing all is well with the setup....i proceeded to pump air into it and INSTANTLY i heard air/hissing from the Intake mani. area......I tried to reach around but by the time I reach it was finished.....it is loud enough or it seems as though loud enough to feel with bare hands.....Im wondering my car even ran let alone ran at 25 PSI........im going to continue looking around while i wait for responses, but if you guys could pop off suggestions on the line I cant see that would be awesome!!! Thanks also I dont have time to search....sorry!!!

PLEASE HELP, serious posted please THANKS!!!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

ok neverfails after i post i seem to find it

Not sure which it is but when i touch or move what feels like a "f" connector behind the Intake Mani.....can not really see it to get a visual
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

ok i found two so far

the major was back-left motor under intake mani area,

the second I havent seen yet but it sounds like the throttle body area if not behind the intake mani.....I have already replaced my throttle body seal before....could I need more? this is little over a year ago....
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Here, Enjoy yourself and thank me later...

Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

I guess it looks like Im talking to myself haha
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

wow thanks....lol It feels like it coming from the TB Coupler clamp/mouth of the TB, or maybe even the Coupler may have a PIN hole in it....I lose about 5lbs of air every 5-10 secs....counting mississippi style.......

The first Major one was the egr vacuum reg....line it was dried out and had split
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
check the connection by the egr valve...to see if the throttle seals are bad again(you should have the works seals in there) apply pressure and adjust plate with hand, if air pitch is different then your seals are bad, again. WHen working behind the intake mani, i always take off the upper strut bar ...gives you better access and visibility. 14mm nuts for the strut. Make sure you zip tie the hoses in the future. All the hoses off the back of my intake many have zip ties...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

...also, spray all around the connections with soapy water...and wait for the bubbles to appear.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

it seems to be coming from under the TB mouth under the coupler, aswell asa the valve cover lol where you hook the catch can.....
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
check the connection by the egr valve...to see if the throttle seals are bad again(you should have the works seals in there) apply pressure and adjust plate with hand, if air pitch is different then your seals are bad, again. WHen working behind the intake mani, i always take off the upper strut bar ...gives you better access and visibility. 14mm nuts for the strut. Make sure you zip tie the hoses in the future. All the hoses off the back of my intake many have zip ties...
BINGO I moved the throttle plate and it changed....if you stand by the driverside fender feel around the lower right side of the coupler/TB mouth you feel air. Just general air moving no jet or specific spot......then I moved the plate alittle and the sound from the left side of the TB changed but the flow of the right side didnt change feeling.......hmmmmmmThese damn seal were crap....

Off to walmart to get a new spray bottle, I just stepped on mine trying to get to the PC lol......
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

I just didnt think it was that because I already did them......ohwell now the search to find those seals lol
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

keep us posted
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

what started this deal was that my BOV wasnt releasing right.....My car was pulling 24-25 spiked PSI....no running probs at all.....so i didnt think anything was wrong.......welp goes to show you you shouldnt doubt!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

still not releasing right....could the seals in the TB affect this? it is a really slow leak.....I can literally count to almost ten before the guage goes to zero from 10 psi
Old Apr 29, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

yes it will leak like that. I would remove the coupler to the tb and adjust to make sure the seal is tight there. Also, check the egr valve again...nipple is right below the TB. Those are pretty much the only 2 connectors you should have.

Remember, the car will force air through the motor until the set boost is reached, or as close as possible depending on the leak. The car has to work way harder for the same boost...power gets affected, a/f gets skewed.

Where did you get your TB seals?