Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dump Valve Not Dumping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dump Valve Not Dumping

Hi there

When I fist got my Evo 9 I could hear a little air release out the dump valve between changes etc. Nothing too strong sounding but it was there.

I have slowly added more mods and boost to my car and when I installed my Greddy Intercooler I had to replace the stock lower intercooler piping with the Greddy supplied piping. Anyone who has done this will know that Greddy doesn’t supply the same small stock pipe that comes of the turbo as Mitsu and their pipe does not have that little nipple that feeds of to the the air bleeder system. Instead they supply you with a long hose that must be teed in much higher up in the system. I was under the impression that it all comes to the same thing though.

Since installing the IC I have noticed that I never hear the excess air dump itself out the stock dump valve anymore.

Could it be possible that the car is using all the air or does this sound like a possible error?

Appreciate any help.