Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's the most rediculous comment you've ever received about your car???...CONTINUED

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tvbf1
I think these are the kind of comments that gives Evo owners a bad rep with the cops and for them to just hate us even more and give us a hard time for no reason.
You realize the police officer was already giving him a hard time without any reason. He was trying to make the best of a bad situation by making adding some levity. You sure don't truly believe what you wrote? I have never been pulled over because of profiling due to my car. I have however been pulled over for breaking the law and it was something I deserved. By the tone of your reply you must have been the victim of profiling and for that I feel bad for you, but until you reach an age (like I am) that clearly shows you don't fit the typical racer-boy profile you just have to suck it up and drive on.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvbf1
I think these are the kind of comments that gives Evo owners a bad rep with the cops and for them to just hate us even more and give us a hard time for no reason.

You say that but the local popo always harass me.. even said it to my face that it was due to what I drive. Took the wing off and its like I became invisable to them.

Food for thought.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

thats a four cylinder?!!
Old May 5, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

coming through the base gate one day(still had my number on the car from the track, i think it was 657 or something like that) anyway gate guard says whats that number for, i said thats how fast it goes,
Old May 5, 2008, 10:13 AM

i own a vw r32 with the 4 motions badge on back, i was told to "light them up" then i informed them it was AWD....and they said oh. and i lauged and left

and i used to have a turbo civic. and i got pulled over one day and the cop told me he knows that I think im cool because I have some big exhaust on my car, i then informed him that i had alot more done to it and listed everything, he wasnt impressed then told me to leave.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:29 AM

I was driving down the road, just normal driving. This guy pulls up to me at a light and signals me to roll down my window. He told me my there is something wrong with my car. I said really. The guy was like its making a funny noise every time I shift. (bov) But he made the noise for me and I just laughed and told him i guess i should get that checked out.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

i get hassled so much, i had a vinyl sticker made up that says:

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH

it is on the top part of my carbon trunk by the rear window. you know every time you get pulled over the police officer when approaching your vehicle touches the corner of your trunk to put there prints on it.

i am so sick of getting pulled over, it sucks. so i made that sticker and now it either "breaks the ice" with the officer or really pisses them off. but for the most part there smiling by the time they get to the window.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoKnievo
i get hassled so much, i had a vinyl sticker made up that says:

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH

it is on the top part of my carbon trunk by the rear window. you know every time you get pulled over the police officer when approaching your vehicle touches the corner of your trunk to put there prints on it.

i am so sick of getting pulled over, it sucks. so i made that sticker and now it either "breaks the ice" with the officer or really pisses them off. but for the most part there smiling by the time they get to the window.
there actually is a logical reason behind that, the reason they touch the car when walking up to it is to see if the car is running, just so they know in case u try to make a run for it, but yea i hate that too
Old May 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

I just got another one last night! I was filling up the tank in Melrose NM coming back from Albuquerque.
Cowboy in a Dually starts pumping gas and asks me, "How much did you pay for your Brembos?"
I said "1500" and he says, "damn you got screwed, I got mine for 800."

I left...
Old May 5, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
Cop: What are all you hot rods doing out here?

Me: Eating mint Hershey kisses.. they are quite good, would you like one?

Cop: *dirty look* I think ya'll are out here road racing with your silly little hot rods.

Me: Road race??? How are we suppose to be doing that with all these straight roads? You do know we need turns to road race, right?

Cop: *really annoyed now* I know your types... just look at what you drive.

Me: Are you profiling me?

Cop: You're damn right I am.

Me: Sure you dont want a mint Hershey kiss? They are surprisingly good, ya know.
thats damn good!! and sorry to post up this thread without quotes but i put all mine on the previous thread
Old May 5, 2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
You say that but the local popo always harass me.. even said it to my face that it was due to what I drive. Took the wing off and its like I became invisable to them.

Food for thought.

this same thing happened to me the cops would always stare and i got pulled over a couple times then i took the wing off and they dont even look at my car anymore.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

this is a copy of another thread.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4bangn
there actually is a logical reason behind that, the reason they touch the car when walking up to it is to see if the car is running, just so they know in case u try to make a run for it, but yea i hate that too
uh, kinda, this is largley disputed. and cannot be "legally" discussed because it would no longer be useful if the general public knew why they did.

for example:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t=83993&page=5
http://http://boards.trutv.com/showthread.php?t=383

the general thing said to "cover up" why they touch the rear of your car is to see if its on. this is a lie. and only said to hinder why they actually touch it.

the reason they touch it (trunk, quarter panel,tail light, ect.) is to put there prints on it to trace there presence back to them being there. if the general public knew this it would be pointless. its for officer safety by establishing another physical link between them and you if anything were to happen.

thats why i made the sticker you would not notice this unless you get pulled over ALOT or watch ALOT of COPS. so some of them get a good chuckle out of this, and get the point that by driving my little rice rocket around i get pulled over so much that finger prints on my carbon is annoying.

Last edited by EvoKnievo; May 5, 2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL MR
this is a copy of another thread.
Because the other thread got closed for people telling racing stories
Old May 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
Because the other thread got closed for people telling racing stories