Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's the most rediculous comment you've ever received about your car???...CONTINUED

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the peeling out in the Evo. A cop pulls me over for " Doing a burnout exiting Burger King and burning rubber when shifting to second gear" NOTE- My car was stock with the exception of a HKS catback at the time. He gave me a ticket for improper start. I went to court and fought it with a stack of papers I printed out about the dynamics of an AWD. I was sure that I would be found not guilty but just because it was 12:30 am and I was in the parking lot with my friends, I was charged with it. I had never felt so sick in my stomach!
Old May 7, 2008, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
About the peeling out in the Evo. A cop pulls me over for " Doing a burnout exiting Burger King and burning rubber when shifting to second gear" NOTE- My car was stock with the exception of a HKS catback at the time. He gave me a ticket for improper start. I went to court and fought it with a stack of papers I printed out about the dynamics of an AWD. I was sure that I would be found not guilty but just because it was 12:30 am and I was in the parking lot with my friends, I was charged with it. I had never felt so sick in my stomach!
.... wow i actually got really really upset reading this man... i feel sick too
Old May 7, 2008, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

To this very day I still feel sick every time I think about it. The judge even ask the cop if I left any tire marks on the road, to where the cop answers that he did not check to see if there were any tire marks. The judge then ask the cop if he smelt any burnt rubber when he pulled me over, cop replied that he does not remember smelling any burnt rubber. Then he turned around and asked what I was doing out at nearly 1 am in the morning. My god did I start boiling inside.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

I raced some hillbilly, I mean mullet and all, in his brand new mustang gt. I murder him by 10-12 cars. He pulls up to me and asks "What is in that thing?" My buddy laughs. I say in the most hillbilly way I could "She's got a 2 liter Hemi." and my buddy starts howling and I sidestep the clutch and do a full 180, still howling. It to this day makes me and my buddy laugh every time we go for a cruise.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^ Hey moron! Delete your post before you get the thread deleted!
Old May 7, 2008, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evo's are slow
Old May 8, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

"What is that hole in your hood for? Looks kinda cool"
or "Did you buy that hood with a hole in it? Won't that ruin everything?" (Like as if your engine bay stays clean and dry when you drive in the rain anyway......)
and "That spoiler is obnoxious" (said by my little sister when she was 17 LOL)
"You put a rear wiper on this?"
"Hey, thats one of those subaru things, aint it"
and i love when my fellow EVO Owners comment "Why are your calipers faded and peeling?" <--- LEAVE THEM ALONE! IM FIXING THEM hahahaha LOL

almost forgot about the infamous.... are you going to paint your hood and trunk? (Carbon fiber)

Last edited by BabiDollEvo8; May 8, 2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old May 8, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mtevoracer
I raced some hillbillyTHEN GOT THIS AWESOME THREAD LOCKED DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!!
come on
Old May 8, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I don't see why the mods can't just delete posts instead of locking an entire one. I liked the last thread we had but they keep on getting ****ed up. If your going to post about racing then just say "at the track" i raced a hillbilly.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:50 AM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by W_evo8
I don't see why the mods can't just delete posts instead of locking an entire one. I liked the last thread we had but they keep on getting ****ed up. If your going to post about racing then just say "at the track" i raced a hillbilly.

And that's exactly why these get locked. The staff doesn't have the time to pay full-time attention to threads like these that usually devolve into street racing stories. They're more trouble than they are worth. And the "I raced at the track, wink, wink" doesn't fly either. Either respect our rules about posting legit racing stories and use the appropriate drag racing section or don't post at all. /////

SASD209

Last edited by SASD209; May 8, 2008 at 09:54 AM.