Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My EVO was delivered with 47 psi in all 4 tires!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My EVO was delivered with 47 psi in all 4 tires!

My dealer must have idiots doing the PDI. How could they deliver a car with 47 psi in the tires? I've only had the car for 4 days so I hope I haven't damaged anything.

While researching before creating this thread I found a couple of others reporting excessive tire pressures. One guy drove over 3,000 miles at 52 psi.

Does Mitsubishi ship these cars with high tire pressures? Even so, it doesn't let the dealer off the hook for not checking them.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:22 AM
In Timeout

Same thing with me, I found out about after 1000 miles. My friend who is a master mitsu tech and works on the EVO's and he said they ship it with the high PSI so that the tires do not flat spot on the boat. I think you will be fine just lower the pressure and you should be fine. I does drive better on 34PSI not 55.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Don't feel bad - my idiot dealer not only hung up on my credit union while I was waiting, they delivered my car the next day (and told me it would take about an hour). To make matters worse, it took 2 1/2 hours, so I was late to work. Eager to use the new Evo power to get me there soon, I turned on my car to discover THEY DIDN'T BOTHER TO FILL UP THE TANK!!! It was friggin' empty... Nice. Dealers are such a pain to work with. I would rather call Mitsu direct, order a true Evo VIII, give them my finance info and have it delivered. The dealer system is such a mess.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:37 AM
Account Disabled

Welcome to the club.....20 psi OVER spec in all four of my tires.

I suggest you sue the dealer for PDI as they obviously did not check out your car before they sent it to you. Probably just peeled off the stickers and washed it. Don't forget to check out your other fluids some people have reported having oil, coolant and other fluids only half full.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

my tires look pretty bad...i think i'm gonna complain to my dealers when i bring it for service...i am the one who drove on 52 freakin psi for 3.5K. But I do believe that this is my fault as well. No wonder i felt quite awkward driving it. I was like, is my driving that bad??? How come it feels I'm not in much of control when I enter and exit a turn??? Now I feel much much better.

Last edited by TRDHarrier; Aug 9, 2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Mine came with 49PSI all around. I noticed when I got home (about 10 miles). I called and complained and got some Mitsu aftermarket freebies. Bad deal but I caught it early enough.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...had a rattle in what sounded like the driver rear door. Sounded like a tool was left inside the door or something. It would only make noise at certain turns and speeds. Just before I was ready to pull it a part, I parked in a parking garage and "looked back" as I walked down the stairs. As I walked down and could see under the car, I noticed the 3/4" thick steel tie down hook still hanging from under my car.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Join the club. The car will be fine. The PDI appears to be marginal at a lot of dealers.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Add me to the list delivered w/ around 50 psi on all 4 tires but only driven for about 100 miles before I caught it. They had a day to "prep" the car, wonder what they did.