Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

does ne body have hks suction on their evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2003, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does ne body have hks suction on their evo

did you notice a difference
Old Aug 9, 2003, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

?

It was my 1st mod. I didn't really notice a difference, besides the sound. I'm looking at the big picture: Intake, Exhaust, AF controller, Boost controller = Big HP!
I saw somewhere that you actually loose a little HP with the suction kit by it's self. I didn't notice any lose.
I did notice a gain in smoothness and top end with my DIY ground kit.
Exhaust is in the works as we speak.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

hey bishiboy...i have the same mods u do but i bought the ground kit somewhere else.

I lost much low end power. I felt it today when I drove with the AC on, 5 people inside, and a trunk load of stuff. Damn my car felt like a turtle. I was wondering if any water will get sucked into the engine with the suction kit. Do you think it will? I had so much rain in NYC that water was literally pouring onto my hood while i drive.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 06:46 AM

i got a buschur open air filter on my evo, and as much rain that we have been getting in NC since i got it, i have had no problems, filter is always dry, aslong the filter stays in the front right corner you should be good, just be careful when you open the hood after it rains or you wash your car, water will run out of the vent when you open it up