Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

800 mile trip Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rediddy69
I just made a 1400 mile trip in 2 days and all I can say is without cruise control I would wedge my foot between the pedal and the side/floor not much besides that I hope your not driving through Kansas.
LOL thats funny... I think Nebraska and Kansas have to be the most boringest (not a word) states out there... Iowa is too but I live here.

I have a road trip coming up... I cant stand that this car dosnt have Cruise Control. Im getting a rental car.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always bring paper towels and windex to clean the windshield... I hate when its dirty and im staring at it for hours at a time lol
Old May 7, 2008, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

lol is your evo not your dd no special prep work should be needed just drive?

Last edited by red evo8; May 7, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:55 PM
8u
Evolving Member

I just went on a trip to NY .. a little over 800 miles. Didn't really need anything but Rockstar, some good tunes and air freshener. Three gaseous men in one car definitely called for some air freshener! WoooooEEE! Thank God we weren't in the EVO.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

You got everything covered... Wrenches, screw drivers, oil, coolant and a spare
Old May 8, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done a few road trips in the Evo, no problems. The only thing that has ever happened to me is charge piping poppping off. I always carry a few zip ties, some vacuum hose, and enough tools to install charge piping.
Old May 8, 2008, 06:53 AM

I just did a 1200 mile round trip jaunt from Tampa to New Orleans for the Jazz Fest. I did some researching prior to the trip, and stumbled across the BEST thing I have ever used for protecting the front of my car!

I do already have a clear-bra, but it is love-bug season down here (for you southern guys that know what I'm talking about) and it's not good to let love bugs sit on your paint for any extended period of time (their insides are acidic, and eat into your paint in only a few days time). Not to mention, when trying to clean them off, it takes like 30 seconds PER BUG with a lot of elbow grease.

Here's the product:

Duplicolor 'shield'. I bought the 'clear' version. I sprayed my whole front end, except for the headlights, the side view mirrors, and the lowest 6'' of the bottom of the car, where most of the debris hits. I used to own my own auto-detailing business, and I've never come across a product this cool. Sprayed it on thursday night, drove 1300 miles in 3 days, left it on for 2 more days, and washed it off yesterday. The whole front-end was black with love bugs, and I had been through a few real heavy rain storms. I hit the front end with a sponge and some soap, everything literally wiped off WITHOUT scrubbing at all. No chips, no bug marks, no residue... just 100% clean paint. They sell it for $8/can. I would pay $30/can for the protection and time saved with this product. I got it at Napa... google the part# and call around.

Good luck.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

when taking long trips i like to put the car on cruise control and take a nap... but since you don't have cruise control i'd say just take a nap anyways
Old May 8, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

save the wear and tear on the EVO...rent a big American car and go in comfort - drove to Chicago and back in Cadillac STS...cool for a rental - got a bigtime company discount so it worked out nice...nice V8 sound too!
moving soon - dont want to ship the car - so may need to try this spray shield thing out....has anyone else used this?