Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

plugging holes in trunk with wing removed

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kingman4
vinyl overlays colormatched to your body paint. search?
+1 I used vinyl overlays for my silver evo 8. Picked them up at a local sign shop "Fast Signs". They were cool and gave them to me for free! EVEN after cutting circles for me to match the diameters of the holes left behind after dewinging the evo.

Here's what they look like....

Sorry...can't see them on but then again...that's the point...unless you are looking directly at them on the trunk.....

Old May 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PineApple
GL with the plugs. Autozone does have them but punk *** kids like to screw around with them. I went to a party awhile back and it was raining and I came outside to find out someone took the vinyl stickers off the wholes and my trunk was sopping wet. FAIL.
If your trunk was sopping wet after having plugs pulled out of those holes then you should figure out what is wrong with your trunk seal. Those holes drain to the outside of your trunk seal and should not let any water into the trunk.
Old May 13, 2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by PVD04
If your trunk was sopping wet after having plugs pulled out of those holes then you should figure out what is wrong with your trunk seal. Those holes drain to the outside of your trunk seal and should not let any water into the trunk.
Partially but if it gets caught between the two pieces of sheet metal between the inside and the trunk lid, water gets in.
Old May 13, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PineApple
Partially but if it gets caught between the two pieces of sheet metal between the inside and the trunk lid, water gets in.
something is wrong...ive hosed my trunk directly in the hole to test it and it was dry as ever. It drains to the bottom of the trunk near the tail lights
Old May 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

And speaking of wingless...FTW!

Here are some close ups of how you might fill in the holes left in the trunk lid. I used some black plastic body panel fasteners. I had to cut them shorter and they are held in by a little bit of clear silicone under the "head".

I think the Apex Silver EVOs have a very unique "industrial" look that I really like. The black "rivets" kind of fit with the "industrial" look, IMNSHO.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Wingless is hot. . .

I've got some blue latex stickerish stuff in sheets which is a inbetween of EB and BBY and that's what I used to cover the holes in the trunk. If your car is either color you're welcome to have some.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:27 AM

You can get a wing from a regular lancer painted to match on ebay for like $90 or trade someone on here too.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

i took my wing off and put it back on three separate times because it just looked off. finally took it off and plugged it with those autozone plugs (worked great). i got used to the look and i love it now. might eventually go with the type c spoiler but im happy for now.. GL
Old May 14, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Wingless ftw