Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

is it normal for checkengine light to go on w/hfc

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
dont mean to beat it to death but......DO YOU LOSE PERFORMANCE with the antifouler? what does it do, what its job? can anyone help me with is

You lose performance by not having your car tuned for a free flowing exhaust. Don't worry about the anti-fouler. Make the DIY job, install it, remove neg on your battery and turn on your dome lamp til power is drained from your car, reconnect and VOILA! No CEL.
Old May 13, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

BBYEVO8U --> CLICK HERE
Old May 13, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow thanks skywestseth that was a help! is it better to put it in the catback or the cat
Old May 14, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

If you have an 8 then put it in the catback...
Old May 14, 2008, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skywestseth
If you have an 8 then put it in the catback...
The anti-fouler/O2 sensor? Yeah I did the same, but only because with it on my test pipe, the O2 sensor had very little clearance from the ground. I relocated it to the Evo VIII bung spot in my catback and I'll use the TP bung for a future wideband or something. (Yes I know I'll have to rotate it to less than a 3 o' clock position to avoid moisture)

With a HFC, you'll get a CEL sometimes. No worries. I understand why a lot of guys use HFCs, but I'm going to have to recommend a test pipe. They sound heavenly when making pulls under highway overpasses. [It is like, if you're going through the trouble, do it right with the most free-flowing component you can the first time.]

Last edited by Burklow; May 14, 2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Burklow
The anti-fouler/O2 sensor? Yeah I did the same, but only because with it on my test pipe, the O2 sensor had very little clearance from the ground. I relocated it to the Evo VIII bung spot in my catback and I'll use the TP bung for a future wideband or something. (Yes I know I'll have to rotate it to less than a 3 o' clock position to avoid moisture)

With a HFC, you'll get a CEL sometimes. No worries. I understand why a lot of guys use HFCs, but I'm going to have to recommend a test pipe. They sound heavenly when making pulls under highway overpasses. [It is like, if you're going through the trouble, do it right with the most free-flowing component you can the first time.]

I agree....I use a catless downpipe. One a year pull it off, slap on stock exhaust and go get sniffed....the trouble is worth it.
Old May 14, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
dont mean to beat it to death but......DO YOU LOSE PERFORMANCE with the antifouler?
no, but you'll lost performance with a high flow cat versus a test pipe/cat delete...