Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wierd creaking noise..

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wierd creaking noise..

This noise just started happening about 2 weeks ago. The best I can describe it as is a creaking noise thats coming from the right side of the car (sounds almost interior maybe but not sure). I jacked the car up, checked suspension to see if anything loose, checked the underbody to see if anything was out of the ordinary which it wasn't. It mainly only occurs when entering driveways at an angle or the likes. It sounds similar to a friends chassais flex in his beater Integra but not quite. (Out of warranty so stealership is last option). What gives?

TIA.
Old May 13, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

im curious to find out what it is, just in case it happens to me. we had a squeak in one of our other cars last summer that i could not find out what it was. same thing, when you go into driveways and such at an angle. but it seemed like if i greased something it only got worse. then it all of a sudden went away lol
Old May 13, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

could be a bushing going bad!
Old May 13, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpunEvoIX
could be a bushing going bad!
Which one do you suspect? I'll jack it up again and see if I can locate a bad one.
Old May 14, 2008, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

Had a fellow evo owner sit in the car with me and replicated same sound...we both think it sounds in the cabin though...
Old May 14, 2008, 12:17 PM

I have the same noise and it sounds like its in the cabin too, but it doesn't happen everytime. I only notice it 2-3 times a week. I haven't cheched anything yet though. I thought it was just the seats rubbing when I hit the harsh bump of the driveway, or the baby seat I just put in a few months ago. Let me know if you find anything.