Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo - Future Collector Car?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you thought the X was heavy, add 300-400 pounds of batteries and electric motors
Old May 14, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari, and Subaru
lol, I think the author of this article is a bit confused about his WRX being a high-performance supercar.

Last edited by recompile; May 14, 2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

enviromentalists are so dumb, yeah ts its golbal warming why is it 43 in may and I'm freezing my a** off? I don't think this will happen especially since bush doesn't think global warming is real.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

I have been saying this for a few months now, the days of gas guzzeling sports cars are gone. We are unfortunatly a dying breed in the land of prius' and insights........ ******* ARABS AND THERE HIGH OIL PRICES!!!!!!
Old May 14, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

If we never invaded Iraq, we would not be having these fears and gas would still be $2 a gallon.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JJsEvo8
I think we should get the the hell outta here anyways. Gas prices are supposed to rise to 10 bucks a gallon in 3-4 years.

Well why cant performance cars be (at least partially) battery operated? Instant torque!!
10 bucks, yeah if we keep going like we are now. somethings going to change, were going to have to come up with some other fuel source. I swear to you now, if we stay in this same economic **** hole that we are in now and gas prices keep rising i will go over there and kill every arab leader myself

and i sure hope these cars become collectors
Old May 14, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

as long as we all continue to vote republican, this will never happen.
Old May 14, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
ditto. laws like this are always trying to get passed and never do. wake me up when one of these big deals actually makes it to law.
You can wake up now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora...e_Fuel_Economy

In late 2007, CAFE standards received their first overhaul in more than 30 years. On December 19, President Bush signed into law the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, which requires in part that automakers boost fleetwide gas mileage to 35 mpg by the year 2020. This requirement applies to all passenger automobiles, including "light trucks." Politicians had faced increased public pressure to raise CAFE standards; a July 2007 poll conducted in seven states revealed 84-90% in favor of legislating mandatory increases.
Old May 14, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JJsEvo8
I think we should get the the hell outta here anyways. Gas prices are supposed to rise to 10 bucks a gallon in 3-4 years.

Well why cant performance cars be (at least partially) battery operated? Instant torque!!
Gas is already equivalent to 7-8 bucks a gallon some places in Europe, but hey, I just have to be rich enough to not care

Originally Posted by GinNBoost
If we never invaded Iraq, we would not be having these fears and gas would still be $2 a gallon.
That's a pretty ignorant and accusing comment, let's not try to bring the war and politics into this and just agree that gas prices suck.
Old May 14, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XIEvolutionIX
That's a pretty ignorant and accusing comment, let's not try to bring the war and politics into this and just agree that gas prices suck.
I'm sorry but it's not just a coincidence that gas prices are all of a sudden at record highs when we're in the middle of a war in Iraq.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GinNBoost
I'm sorry but it's not just a coincidence that gas prices are all of a sudden at record highs when we're in the middle of a war in Iraq.
Originally Posted by XIEvolutionIX
+1 on keeping politics out.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

From a pure sports of view, electric cars got no problem having tons of torque which should make can make you accelerate like a bat out of hell (max torque all the time) along with crazy high RPMs. They just need to make a reliable tranny that can handle all that torque at once. Ti's the problem they ran into with the Tesla car.