Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1$ For 1Quart (Royal Purple)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline-Z
Doc, I understand the paper results but I stand by Redline MT90 and so does Shep and many others that have really put the oils to the test per say! If it works for them it works for me. I can tell you first hand it minimized the metal coming out of my gearbox and took care of my crunchy shifts. If Amsoil could of done that too then thats good also. Its all what the user wants and one day I will give you guys a try untill then I will continue to stand by Redline gear oils. Race proven, street driven.

More and more people are switching from Redline to AMSOIL, partially due to the facts that the shifting is so much better and the AMSOIL MTG is a Superior product.

Kind of funny where the last couple years, I was a Vendor at various types of Race Events and Redline Sponsored Teams were buying my oils.. They send someone over in plain clothes to buy it...

I'd be willing to bet that there are more Race Teams using AMSOIL than Redline, NASCAR, Indy, Monster Trucks, Offshore, Champ Boat, CORR, SnoX and the list goes on.. Top Teams.... not just the followers..

Doc
Old May 30, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

rp is amazing oil idk wat your talkin about 60k hard driven miles and no problems and my friends VR4 made 600whp DD with 100+k miles on that stuff never an issue.
Old May 30, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Oil Doc
More and more people are switching from Redline to AMSOIL, partially due to the facts that the shifting is so much better and the AMSOIL MTG is a Superior product.

Kind of funny where the last couple years, I was a Vendor at various types of Race Events and Redline Sponsored Teams were buying my oils.. They send someone over in plain clothes to buy it...

I'd be willing to bet that there are more Race Teams using AMSOIL than Redline, NASCAR, Indy, Monster Trucks, Offshore, Champ Boat, CORR, SnoX and the list goes on.. Top Teams.... not just the followers..

Doc
Thats one bet IF I could prove I would take. If you really think people use your gear oils more than Redline you need to go back to the drawing boards. Is it better IDK but I can say that I would put my money on more people using Redline gear oils then Amsoil.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spdracr
rp is amazing oil idk wat your talkin about 60k hard driven miles and no problems and my friends VR4 made 600whp DD with 100+k miles on that stuff never an issue.
Dude but you are better of with Mobil1 then RP. And even better off with Amsoil or Eunos engine oil.
Old May 30, 2008, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

And I was about to get some RP, good thing i watched this thread
Old May 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BGR
I would go with Mobil 1 EP or Amsoil. There is a difference between Mobil 1 EP and Mobil 1 so make sure to go with the formal. Both oils are test proven and compete with each other and are good choices.
Whats the diff between the Mobil 1 EP and reg Mobil 1???
Old May 31, 2008, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin
Whats the diff between the Mobil 1 EP and reg Mobil 1???
Can't EP last for like 15k miles?

I'm going to look into getting AMSOIL put into my 09 GTS once I hit 1k miles. (less then 300 miles to go )
Old May 31, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Dude i hate you lol i usually used rp its good stuff and has testing all over the web,to people who jump on the hater band wagon. I mean how many evo owners suddenly turn into chemical engineers as soon as they get into these threads???lol
Old May 31, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

just checked my local autozone and their RP oil is still @ $6/qt. still well worth it but not even close to $1/qt like the OP said. I'm begining to wonder if maybe this wasn't all a marketing ploy between a few people to stir up some AMS oil sales.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or chemical engineer for that matter, to figure out that one of the reasons Oil Doc is pushing AMS oils is because he distributes it, and obviously has a financial interest if the product becomes in demand.

when someone with a financial interest in a company tells me that my oil isn't good enough for wetting a dirt road, but the oil they want to sell me is the best thing ever invented, I tend to take their information with a big grain of salt.
Old May 31, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

that's a steal..
Old May 31, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just dont understand why but every experience i've ever had with RP has been great. It boosted the performance and realiability of my mazda before and has run great on my evo now. yet I have heard horror stories from well trusted friends about rp...it scares me into thinking that it's just luck...i think i will chnage pils officially for the first time in years just to be safe..to many bad stories...
Old May 31, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't understand why people don't run what is recommend from the factory.

Its not that expensive and its the best you can get.
Old May 31, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
just checked my local autozone and their RP oil is still @ $6/qt. still well worth it but not even close to $1/qt like the OP said. I'm begining to wonder if maybe this wasn't all a marketing ploy between a few people to stir up some AMS oil sales.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or chemical engineer for that matter, to figure out that one of the reasons Oil Doc is pushing AMS oils is because he distributes it, and obviously has a financial interest if the product becomes in demand.

when someone with a financial interest in a company tells me that my oil isn't good enough for wetting a dirt road, but the oil they want to sell me is the best thing ever invented, I tend to take their information with a big grain of salt.
Obiously, you have no idea of anything about me.... Yes, I sell AMSOIL. I sell it because I believe in it, I sell it because I can say the things about AMSOIL that I do. I don't say those things just to sell it. Believe it or not, there are people that are proud to represent not only a Company, but the outstanding Products as well.

You should be so lucky to work for a company that stands behind its Dealers before the almighty dollar.

If it was all about the $$, I wouldn't sell AMSOIL at Cost....

I enjoy helping people... If what I said about AMSOIL wasn't fact, there would be hundreds of posts about it from the EVOm Members I have sold to.

A Ploy..... Please.... Come up with something worthwhile. I have been doing this for over 24 years, I don't need to play games to sell the Best Oil in The World..

Doc
Old May 31, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I don't understand why people don't run what is recommend from the factory.

Its not that expensive and its the best you can get.
M1 EP is a good oil... Not the Best, but very good..

Mobil practically gives the oil to the OEM's in return for the advertising on the oil caps and in the manuals..

They make the money on residual sales..

Doc
Old May 31, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

I am no chemical engineer but all i can say is listen to oil doc. This is someone who knows what he's talking about. I wish there were more out there like him... people that are there to help others. People who don't manipulate test results or hide behind clever marketing. he is here spreading the word on the best oil u can buy and is here to answer any questions you might have. its doesn't mean there aren't other fine oils out there it's just that AMSOIL is the best plane and simple. and for those of us that want to put the best oil in our cars and nothing less AMSOIL FTW!!!!

Quick Reply: 1$ For 1Quart (Royal Purple)