Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1$ For 1Quart (Royal Purple)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you..

Doc
Old May 31, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Im goin to put Mobil 1 EP this time just beacuse I already bought and opened it. I will get AMSOIL next oil change....

Oil Doc what should I get?
I got wiseco pistons , eagle rods, clevite main/ rod bearings still 2.0.
Expecting over 550WHP after I install my 37R in 3 weeks and daily driver about 70 miles a day.
Old May 31, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin
Im goin to put Mobil 1 EP this time just beacuse I already bought and opened it. I will get AMSOIL next oil change....

Expecting over 550WHP after I install my 37R in 3 weeks and daily driver about 70 miles a day.
just a guess im not speaking for oil_doc but im thinkin AMSOIL SSO 0w-30. no matter what he tells u ask him y that oil and he'll explain it. let me know if im right lol if not tell me y.

Last edited by dwnfdrknss; May 31, 2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old May 31, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with dwnfdrknss, Doc seems to be pretty passionate about the whole subject and I too like that there is someone with such an extensive knowledge on the life blood of our cars.
Old May 31, 2008, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I don't understand why people don't run what is recommend from the factory.

Its not that expensive and its the best you can get.
16psi max is also recommended by the factory as is running low 10s as afr through ought the power band.........
Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
factory oil is NOT the best you can get... all it has to do with is money. whoever can give the manufacturer the cheapest price for the type of oil they need, they will use that and recommend it for use by the owner
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evovin

AMSOIL SSO 0W-30 if your bottom end has tight (stock) tolerances. If it has been loosened up slightly, AMO 10W-40

Originally Posted by dwnfdrknss
just a guess im not speaking for oil_doc but im thinkin AMSOIL SSO 0w-30. no matter what he tells u ask him y that oil and he'll explain it. let me know if im right lol if not tell me y.
SSO is the toughest oil available in a 30 wgt...

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with dwnfdrknss, Doc seems to be pretty passionate about the whole subject and I too like that there is someone with such an extensive knowledge on the life blood of our cars.
Thanks.. I try

Doc
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:51 PM
Account Disabled

+10000 on using AMSOIL

I first started using it on my motocross bikes for all the lubricants and will never use anything else.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 01:28 AM

Im gonna go ahead and form my own opinion on the subject rather than be influenced by an amsoils salesman. No offense.

"Its difficult to get someone to understand any opposing view if their paycheck depends on believing otherwise."

- Someone Smart.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ACLdestroyer
Im gonna go ahead and form my own opinion on the subject rather than be influenced by an amsoils salesman. No offense.

"Its difficult to get someone to understand any opposing view if their paycheck depends on believing otherwise."

- Someone Smart.

It's difficult to get someone to understand when they are blindly forming an opinion and don't want to look at the Tests and Information brought forth by an AMSOIL Salesman who has spent over 35 years of their life on the subject. No Offense.

Doc
Old Jun 2, 2008, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

motul 300v lemans
Old Jun 2, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

red line ftw
Old Jun 2, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
I love it that you called me out...

Let's see, 3 SR20DET engines blew up on RP from that ****ty oil degrading too quickly. Bearings didn't like it, rod knock ensued and rod said hello to the radiator... It's a good oil when new but goes quickly downhill after only a few miles.

Secondly, 2 friends lost motors to RP as well as they were road tracked cars.
Very interesting, I have used RP oil in the past in NA vehicles. I am going to stay clear of that in my Turbo Vehicles (I typically use Redline). If its on sale at Autozone, I will run through it in mine and my wifes daily driver.

Last edited by dgoodhue; Jun 3, 2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oil Doc
It's difficult to get someone to understand when they are blindly forming an opinion and don't want to look at the Tests and Information brought forth by an AMSOIL Salesman who has spent over 35 years of their life on the subject. No Offense.

Doc

If you werent an Amsoil Salesman I would be all over your advice. Since you are then you are inherently tainted. Truly Independant analysis is the most important part of any decision requiring the interpretation of technical data.

I hope you can at least see that this is the case. The food you eat, the medicines you take, the cars you buy.......If the reviews were written by people on the company payroll then they are immediately suspect.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Autozone currently has the German Castrol Syntec (European Formula) OW30 for 25$ (5 quarts + Bosch Filter).

Quick Reply: 1$ For 1Quart (Royal Purple)