Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1$ For 1Quart (Royal Purple)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That'd benefit me if I wasn't selling the GTI and buying an Evo lol
Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ACLdestroyer
If you werent an Amsoil Salesman I would be all over your advice. Since you are then you are inherently tainted. Truly Independant analysis is the most important part of any decision requiring the interpretation of technical data.

I hope you can at least see that this is the case. The food you eat, the medicines you take, the cars you buy.......If the reviews were written by people on the company payroll then they are immediately suspect.

For the umpteenth time.... The tests were performed by Several of The Top Testing Facilities in the US.... At least one of them is a Non-Profit Orgination...

Does ASTM Mean anything to you ?????? How about SAE ??? Those are the tests methods used...

I suppose you would believe a guy who right in front of you is pulling the bar down on a spinning bearing or block to test for a wear scar though ??

Doc
Old Jun 3, 2008, 09:28 AM
BBS
Evolved Member

I'm a stock car with a cat back and will run oe recommended weight and oil type. If and when I do go above stock power levels, I will surely ask the oil doc for some oil. Reading this whole thread has me convinced on amsoil. They really need to hire you as public relations manager.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBS
I'm a stock car with a cat back and will run oe recommended weight and oil type. If and when I do go above stock power levels, I will surely ask the oil doc for some oil. Reading this whole thread has me convinced on amsoil. They really need to hire you as public relations manager.

Some people muddle through life or are content with their jobs. For me, this is a Passion.. I Love What I Do !!!

One problem with what you said. If I went to work for AMSOIL Corporate, I could no longer sell the Product... I know it may sound strange, but it is true. There is no way to "Buy Direct" from AMSOIL, it all has to go through a Dealer such as myself.. Every Glorious Drop.

Doc
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:42 PM

royal purple on sale???they going out of business? I guess i'mma have to put in some supertech oil..
Old Jun 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigpzz
royal purple on sale???they going out of business? I guess i'mma have to put in some supertech oil..

ROFLMAO....

Doc
Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:47 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

Doc, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read regular Mobil 1 has downgraded the formula so it's no longer a "full" synthetic oil but a blend, where as Mobil 1 EP is true full synthetic and the closest competitor to Amsoil. I heard EP is pretty good oil and that is what I currently use, but I would love to try some Amsoil in the near future.

Originally Posted by evovin
Whats the diff between the Mobil 1 EP and reg Mobil 1???
Old Jun 3, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BGR
Doc, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read regular Mobil 1 has downgraded the formula so it's no longer a "full" synthetic oil but a blend, where as Mobil 1 EP is true full synthetic and the closest competitor to Amsoil. I heard EP is pretty good oil and that is what I currently use, but I would love to try some Amsoil in the near future.

Just saying Mobil 1 is deceiving and that is what Mobil plays on...

That is like calling me and saying send me some AMSOIL... What Flavor ???

The Mobil 1 EP is a very good oil and is a PAO Product, not 100%, but as far as I know, it never has been.. Full or Fully Synthetic ? Yes, by law they are... Not something I have committed to memory, but to be called 100% you need to be 30% PAO or Ester... a good percentage of Hydro-Cracked and the rest is allowed to be petroleum and additives.

Again, it is a very good oil and the test we have show that. If AMSOIL disappeared tomorrow, Mobil 1 EP would be what I would run... Of course, I'd quit selling what I had in inventory what I could use, so I would have enough for years to come... LOL

Doc
Old Jun 3, 2008, 07:50 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

Thanks Doc, I'll be contacting you privately to get some Amsoil soon.

Originally Posted by Oil Doc
Just saying Mobil 1 is deceiving and that is what Mobil plays on...

That is like calling me and saying send me some AMSOIL... What Flavor ???

The Mobil 1 EP is a very good oil and is a PAO Product, not 100%, but as far as I know, it never has been.. Full or Fully Synthetic ? Yes, by law they are... Not something I have committed to memory, but to be called 100% you need to be 30% PAO or Ester... a good percentage of Hydro-Cracked and the rest is allowed to be petroleum and additives.

Again, it is a very good oil and the test we have show that. If AMSOIL disappeared tomorrow, Mobil 1 EP would be what I would run... Of course, I'd quit selling what I had in inventory what I could use, so I would have enough for years to come... LOL

Doc