Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Should there be different classes based on car mods?
Yes
55.00%
No
45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

*POLL* Different Classes Based on Car Mods?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*POLL* Different Classes Based on Car Mods?

Well with all the recent crazy all out mods company's have been doing to there cars "Back halving, Front halving, Different rear ends, RWD conversions, Full tube frames, ect." should we make classes based on the mods of the cars to make the playing field even? Maybe have a Outlaw class, Modified class and a Street class.

OR

Should we just say everything goes and it doesn't matter what you do to the car times are times?

Please vote YES or NO and if YES please post the classes you would like to see and i will update the thread.

Thanks
Chris
Old May 26, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no, if its 4g63 powered and AWD thats it. run what ya brung
Old May 26, 2008, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill go on record for saying this will not work regardless.. It is 100% impossible to figure out the street cars, from race cars.. What you consider a street car and what the next guy considers a street car will be 100% arguable.. My car fits street class rules I call that a street car.. Would anyone ever consider a 4294 the ideal street car turbo. probably not..
Old May 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by psphinx81
no, if its 4g63 powered and AWD thats it. run what ya brung
I think I am going to have to agree.. 4g63, AWD, and EVO Chassis its good for the list!!
Old May 26, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

I would have to say that its a very fine line. As long as it is AWD with the 4G63 motor in it then all well. But is it fair to use non parts????

For instance if i have a full tube chassis built with a fiberglass evo shell, 9" rear end, but still AWD is everything still a even playing field?

For classes we could have

Street= Full interior, Fully weighted, Street Tires
Modified=4G63 Engine, Weight Reduction, AWD, Stock chassis, Drag Radials
Outlaw= All goes doesnt matter as long as it has a EVO looking Shell

Chris

Last edited by 2k4EvoVIII; May 26, 2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

So my CF driveshaft from Europe would put me off the list?? its not a mitsu part.. What if someone was running chevy axles, would that have caused this same uproar.. If they cost 1/4 of what drive shaft shop charged everyone would be all over it and not crying.. its all relative..
Old May 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
So my CF driveshaft from Europe would put me off the list?? its not a mitsu part.. What if someone was running chevy axles, would that have caused this same uproar.. If they cost 1/4 of what drive shaft shop charged everyone would be all over it and not crying.. its all relative..
Mike:

Calm my friend. Im just doing this to get ideas. Im not against either or just trying to stay neutral. IMO i think the work Buschur did is amazing.

Chris
Old May 26, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

BTW my idea would be any parts that are made for the EVO is all good to go. You start putting other parts that are NOT specifically made for the EVO and that would move you up in classes. Just a idea?

Chris
Old May 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Mike:

Calm my friend. Im just doing this to get ideas. Im not against either or just trying to stay neutral. IMO i think the work Buschur did is amazing.

Chris
Im just playing devils advocate here.. No Beef with you.. I know its hard to determine on a forum sometimes.. the list is going to remain the same i am pretty sure because if dave cant be on the list then i dont wanna be on a list with race cars and i know 100% there is no way to classify street cars no matter who votes what.. I know you had good intention with the poll..
Old May 26, 2008, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
BTW my idea would be any parts that are made for the EVO is all good to go. You start putting other parts that are NOT specifically made for the EVO and that would move you up in classes. Just a idea?

Chris

if you do that you stop innovation.. That means that every evo goes as fast as the next guy cause we are all running off the shelf parts.. my .02
Old May 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say two classes for the lsit.
One for the stock drivetrain configuration with OEM parts. The other for everything else.
Old May 26, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

if you do that you stop innovation.. That means that every evo goes as fast as the next guy cause we are all running off the shelf parts.. my .02
I guess that is one way of looking at it. Personally i would strive to be in the top class anyway and be the fastest no matter what class i was in. It basically comes down to finances. Allot of people will not be able to build a full drag car but they still love racing they love there evo and they want to go as fast as they can but within there price range.
Old May 26, 2008, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah that i can understand,., Its expensive to make the top 15 list.. Thats why there is the stock turbo list.. Still to make the top of that list you have to spend some $$$..
Old May 26, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
This poll is impossible. Of course I'd like to vote NO but then again I'd like to vote YES. If the poll is NO then there are no rules at all. If the YES then there are rules but who decides what they are?

This is racing, I refuse to vote as there is no way to enforce the rules. I have never met such a bunch of liars as I have since the EVO market came around. Two faced POS, lieing bastards, they are everywhere. So how do you enforce a rule when you can't get a straight answer from someone standing right in front of you? You can't. Liars lie, cheaters cheat.

The sport of EVO RACING is not organized, nor do I want it to be. Organized racing is what ruined import racing and why I stopped racing.

I will not vote on this and I am asking that anyone who supports us doesn't either as it is an impossible poll with an impossible outcome.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
This poll is impossible. Of course I'd like to vote NO but then again I'd like to vote YES. If the poll is NO then there are no rules at all. If the YES then there are rules but who decides what they are?

This is racing, I refuse to vote as there is no way to enforce the rules. I have never met such a bunch of liars as I have since the EVO market came around. Two faced POS, lieing bastards, they are everywhere. So how do you enforce a rule when you can't get a straight answer from someone standing right in front of you? You can't. Liars lie, cheaters cheat.

The sport of EVO RACING is not organized, nor do I want it to be. Organized racing is what ruined import racing and why I stopped racing.

I will not vote on this and I am asking that anyone who supports us doesn't either as it is an impossible poll with an impossible outcome.
Enough said Dave. I didnt mean anything by the Poll!
Chris