Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Get a Harley!
or glass packs!
Old May 28, 2008, 03:31 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Holy hell, I can't believe the response this thread has got .

Either way, this is absolutely nuts. If I were you, I would come up with proof that your car needs to be warmed before you can drive it. I've lived in CA (Riverside) before and have seen people get their cars jacked in the morning by warming them up outside the garage. I would simply state these two facts. You aren't doing anything wrong. I understand how he feels about being woke up, but you have rights too... just like him. You have the right to warm up your car at idle.

And yes.. HOA suck. I didn't buy a house because of some HOA rules on a house... (stating that I couldn't have my MX bikes out more than two times a month and couldn't wash them in my driveway). I bought an evo instead and will tough it out in a duplex another year ;p
Old May 28, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warm it up outside , case closed...then go F**k his daughter or niece..
Old May 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i have to do the same thing kinda, except its my WIFE THAT COMPLAINS.....LOL

i just start her up and drive away real slow and let her warm up down the block.....once she is good then i continue on my way..
Old May 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think u should weld whistler tips on his car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgXj...eature=related
Old May 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Some of the people here sound like a friend of mine, he'd willingly shoot himself in the foot just because it's his right to do so. In essence, he's a confrontational dumbass with a chip on his shoulder. There's no reason to get all bent out of shape by this, if he wants to be a dink,, let him, life's too short to let people like him get to you. Try not idling your car for extended periods of time for a month or so, maybe get on his good side by inventing him over for a beer or two and then do whatever you want. I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't complain if you he considered you a friend. Yes you may be in the legal right, but how far are you willing to go to prove that you can **** farther up the wall than he can?
Old May 28, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I lived in a few different houses in full-blown neighborhoods, not town homes or condos, and everywhere the neighbors have complained about my cars noise. It's not really the noise put the pressure waves that do it. The Evo's exhaust really does shake things up and bounce through neighborhoods.

Just the other night I had to test my data logger at 10PM and I let my car idle in the garage with the door open for maybe 1 min. A few days later the guy across the street came over complaining that my car kept him up when he needed to sleep yada yada yada. I said "sorry, my car was having problems and I needed to work on it to go to work the next day.". I'm sure my car wakes them up every morning when I leave at 6AM, but I just start and go. It seems like idling is what pisses them off.

I never had someone get so formal with it though. Crappy neighbors really, really sucks. I'd stop warming up the car and just leave in the morning and don't use a turbo timer. Tell your friends to do the same. Then go talk to the douche and let him know that you will do your best to respect his request. That doesn't mean there won't be exceptions but let him know you'll make an effort.

Last edited by jid2; May 28, 2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Wow dude, he seems to be taking it a bit too far. I do see his point but I also see yours. Its a tought one.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

This guy's lame. Get a QTP downpipe and give him something to REALLY complain about.

I live next to people with bikes. They're loud. My cars are loud. Nobody complains. That's how I like it
Old May 28, 2008, 03:44 PM

One day while he is driving through the neighborhood you should run into the road in front of him so he hits you with his car. Then sue him because if his hybrid car was louder maybe you would have heard it and you wouldn't have run into the road. It might send you to the hospital for a couple days but you will show him not to mess with you.

Really if it was me I would talk to him face to face and come to some kind of understanding.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:46 PM

don't let that loser get to you, he's just jelous that your having fun with an evo and he drives a hybrid
Old May 28, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Natty Boh
One day while he is driving through the neighborhood you should run into the road in front of him so he hits you with his car. Then sue him because if his hybrid car was louder maybe you would have heard it and you wouldn't have run into the road. It might send you to the hospital for a couple days but you will show him not to mess with you.
understanding.
+100000000
Old May 28, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by needaevo8
don't let that loser get to you, he's just jelous that your having fun with an evo and he drives a hybrid
I'm sure he's laughing his *** off at the evo's fuel economy. Not everyone wants a performance car.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

It seems that the guy is just trying to be nice. He could have just as easily slit your tires and left you a mean note on your windshield. Walk up and talk to him, and work it out.

You don't need to warm up you car before driving it. Just take it easy for a few blocks and spare you neighbors the noise. You obviously live real close together.

When I lived in LA, I used to have the same problem with my bikes. Even today, with my house over 150ft away from my neighbors, I start up my EVO at 6:15am and drive off right away without making too much noise. It's only being polite.
Old May 28, 2008, 04:18 PM

Glad my only neighbors are my parents, a cemetery and church, and the stock-car racer across the street. The guy across the street is way louder than I could ever hope to be, although he doesn't stay up as late. And the church has their crappy recording of bells on a timer that rings 40 times at 6:30 a.m., chimes out the hour until 10 p.m., and plays songs in the evening. Even living in the country isn't quiet, but nobody complains.

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...