Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say post his numbers on the net and we can all have some fun

I had a friend in the same spot. Guy actually would not come over till he would leave and complain to his wife. Lets just say my buddy was a little more then displeased. I do know several of our local members would drive by this guys house (in AR we have no real limits on noise unless its bass) and would make all kinds of noise at all hours. I also remember him finding his trash can (full and open) being leaned against his door full of water from a running water hose when a door bell rang.

On a more serious note, it might be good to make the first strike with your HOA about him doing all sorts of harassing to you. It will look better for you. You may even want to go as far as talk to a lawyer about him bothering you on your place, he seems to want to know about you, your hours, what you do, and when you do it. That sounds border line stalker to me . Or at least thats the way you could make it sound.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man forget that idiot. warm up your car then bust a launch control on his a**!
Old May 28, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

this reminds me of a lady that lives a few houses down across the street from my girlfriend. i was idling my car outside around noon time and she walks about and tells me to either turn my car off or leave. my car was already warmed up so i just left. then i dropped her off at her house one night and i saw the same lady standing outside just watching me until i finally left. what a weird lady.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

hahaha, EARPLUGS FTMFW!!!....im close by, let me get the plate# on that lexus, im tempted to throw an egg, if i see him jk...but yea i would go ask the other neighbors do see if they are disturbed by your car, and hopefully majority rules
Old May 28, 2008, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

man this is great...I should print out this entire thread and leave it in front of his door....
Old May 28, 2008, 01:51 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, i know most want to respond with a "I'l show that 1diot......" but unfortunatly the HOA for each complex can prescribe rules for themselves, and idling of loud cars may just miraculously appear as a new rule thanks to this dispute. Perhaps not what you want to hear/read, but this happed with me at my sisters place one day, the fitst time the dood came over to admire the car and shoot the breze about Hp, and the second time he was like a deranged loonatic asking that i dont start the car in the complex......moron!

In the end your earbuds antagonised him, and did not win you any shares. Suggest you start and drive off immediatly. There is no damage to he car, and infact technicaly - idle at lowe oil pressure is worse than starting and driving at under 2500RPM in winter.

Hope you come right with your crazy geriatric neighbour! Some real creepy complainers out there!

PS - i also own a W/S and dyno in S Africa, and the tuning of loud cars drives my adjaicend neighbour and his staff nuts as the vibration and the noize is way above 91db...for some cars i tune....LOL and i operate till 11PM sometines. (he runs a 24 hour plastic business). Lucky for me its an industrial zone that allows mega noize, so he can complain all he wants. And although i feel in aresidential situation the earplugs are a bad move....LOL... I offered him earmufs alrady to this twit in jest, and he stormed in anger off my property.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'd rather not leave this thread at his door...That'd be like adding wood to the fire (imho).

You should try to talk to the people next door to his unit to see if the sound is a bother...At least you got testimony from people in that general area...

That guy either is either a light sleeper or he's got nothing better than to be sue happy...

At anyrate keep us posted =)
Old May 28, 2008, 01:59 AM

yea u shd give us his address or ph nbr.. i wud def get my california frends to harass the crap out of this guy lol.. i hate people like him... but good luck with everything and def keep us posted!!!

ps. nice job with the ear plugs =)
Old May 28, 2008, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sorry to hear you having problem with a neighbor. I think you are warming up your car or cooling it down. May I make a suggestion. That you could start it and move it right away to warm it up or cooling it down away from the premise. The fella is trying to work with you. He legally in time have you fine (Owner). Also tell your friends too.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TRUE-GRIT
I'm sorry to hear you having problem with a neighbor. I think you are warming up your car or cooling it down. May I make a suggestion. That you could start it and move it right away to warm it up or cooling it down away from the premise. The fella is trying to work with you. He legally in time have you fine (Owner). Also tell your friends too.
Yea I want to work things out but how can I prevent him from not hearing my car? That is what he actually wants. No matter if i idle or not, he will hear me leave in the morning and coming back late at night since hes a light sleeper
Old May 28, 2008, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Dan
Yea I want to work things out but how can I prevent him from not hearing my car? That is what he actually wants. No matter if i idle or not, he will hear me leave in the morning and coming back late at night since hes a light sleeper

In his letter, he just says he has a problem with you letting your car idle. Its not gonna hurt your car just to start it and drive off at a low idle.

My nieghbor said something about my car vibrating her kids window in his room one night when I left. She knows there is nothing that can be done with it, but I try to leave my house as fast and quiet as possible. Thats the downside of having neighbors, but if your gonna have them, might as well keep the peace.

Now if this guy was saying you were waking him up when you shut your car door, I'd say that would be a bit much.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

HOA's are put in place to keep a standard of quality in a common living situation. Some can just warn or suggest a concern and some have more power as they can penalize with fines and liens against a house. I would find out what power the HOA has before I did anything.

The HOA more than likely does have a noise violations summary (which includes quiet hours and a list of offenses), but if it is like most neighborhoods it is subjective and vague. It will come down to how many people are bothered by your exhaust in your immediate area. If there is a majority that complains, the HOA may enforce sanctions on you. If not, it will be this guy's problem. The earplugs thing wasn't the smartest idea as the HOA is going to see your response as he states in his letter, like you don't care who is bothered.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on in court. The county will enforce the legal limit that they allow, and if the exhaust dB level is less than this by manufacturer standards, then all you are going to have is a free day off from work, not to mention an angry neighbor with a court bill.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jebus27
hahaha, EARPLUGS FTMFW!!!....im close by, let me get the plate# on that lexus, im tempted to throw an egg, if i see him jk...but yea i would go ask the other neighbors do see if they are disturbed by your car, and hopefully majority rules
ha earplugs cracked me up
Old May 28, 2008, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't change a thing.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man up and go talk to him in person. Explain to him that this is your hobby and you don't want to change a thing. Come up with a solution that makes both parties happy.

Most people are understanding once you talk face to face.

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...